+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in deciphering GCMS Notes. Is it a definite approval, or is there still a chance for a rejection?

Iveyapplicant

Mar 22, 2021
Hey guys, I just got my GCMS Notes, and was hoping people on this forum could help me in deciphering it. I re-applied for my study permit through SDS on May 15 (I have one previous refusal), and got my BVL on 29th May. I'm from India, and because of the closure of VAC's, all results here have been frozen since May. Hence, I have not gotten any final result post BVL. However, I had applied for my GCMS Notes last month and just got them. In the column on Assessments, the final status of my application is coming as Approved. I called up IRCC on their Canadian number today, and the agent also told me that everything is passed and a final decision has been made on my file on May 29 itself. On the other hand, the App Status is still Open, and showing as in Progress. Does this mean that this is not a final approval, and the officer could still reject my file? Or is this a final approval? The reason I'm asking is because when I had applied for GCMS notes after my first rejection, the final status in my Assessments column was Refused, Eligibility was Failed, and the App Status was also Closed with reason being Refusal.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I'm just really stressed out right now, and would be grateful for any help. Started online studies in Jan 2021, and really want a final decision once and for all. I'm copying the relevant parts of my GCMS notes here, so that you'll can see it yourselves and hopefully advise me. Thank you in advance :).

Primary Office : CPC-Ottawa
Secondary Office : CPC Edmonton

App # : xxxx Sxxxxxxxxx
App Status : Open
App Status Reason : In Progress-CP
Rec'd Date : 2021/05/16
Rec'd Via : On-line
Category: SP

School : Designated Learning Inst-ON
DLI Name : Western University
Level of Study : University - Master's Deg.
Authorization Level : Any Designated Post Secondary Institution
Field of Study : Business/Mgmt/Marketing
Compliance Verification : Required

Eligibility : Passed
Security :
HIRV :
Criminality : Passed - Bio
Org Crime :
Medical : Passed
Misrep :
Other Req :
Info Sharing : Complete
Final : Approved
Entry Doc : Counterfoil
Counterfoil Req :
Recalcitrant Country :

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Hey guys, I just got my GCMS Notes, and was hoping people on this forum could help me in deciphering it. I re-applied for my study permit through SDS on May 15 (I have one previous refusal), and got my BVL on 29th May. I'm from India, and because of the closure of VAC's, all results here have been frozen since May. Hence, I have not gotten any final result post BVL. However, I had applied for my GCMS Notes last month and just got them. In the column on Assessments, the final status of my application is coming as Approved. I called up IRCC on their Canadian number today, and the agent also told me that everything is passed and a final decision has been made on my file on May 29 itself. On the other hand, the App Status is still Open, and showing as in Progress. Does this mean that this is not a final approval, and the officer could still reject my file? Or is this a final approval? The reason I'm asking is because when I had applied for GCMS notes after my first rejection, the final status in my Assessments column was Refused, Eligibility was Failed, and the App Status was also Closed with reason being Refusal.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I'm just really stressed out right now, and would be grateful for any help. Started online studies in Jan 2021, and really want a final decision once and for all. I'm copying the relevant parts of my GCMS notes here, so that you'll can see it yourselves and hopefully advise me. Thank you in advance :).

Security :
HIRV :
Org Crime :
Misrep :
Other Req :
Counterfoil Req :
Recalcitrant Country :
It says Final: Approved so I would assume so.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Application is approved. File will remain opened until passport is stamped (counterfoil printed and affixed) and LOI letter dispatched to GCKEY.
No need to worry, you are approved. Just wait for your PPR. Congratulations :).

Reactions: Iveyapplicant

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014

Security :
HIRV :
Org Crime :
Misrep :
Other Req :
Counterfoil Req :
Recalcitrant Country :
Approved dear. Seems 100% final. Congrats!!

Reactions: Iveyapplicant

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12

Security :
HIRV :
Org Crime :
Misrep :
Other Req :
Counterfoil Req :
Recalcitrant Country :
Congratulations in advance please how did you get the IRCC agent to tell you the details of your case. I thought they are not allowed to tell us about our application. Where did you apply from. Please tell me so that I can contact them as well. Thanks.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Congratulations in advance please how did you get the IRCC agent to tell you the details of your case. I thought they are not allowed to tell us about our application. Where did you apply from. Please tell me so that I can contact them as well. Thanks.
OP applied through the SDS stream, so it was processed in a CPC in Canada, which is why the IRCC agent could help him. If your case is processed outside of Canada, they will usually not be able to tell you.

Guri27545427

Feb 7, 2021
Security :
HIRV :
Org Crime :
Misrep :
Other Req :
Final :
Counterfoil Req : yes

My gcsm notes says this what does it mean ?
Final is blank what can i expect ??

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Security :
HIRV :
Org Crime :
Misrep :
Other Req :
Final :
Counterfoil Req : yes

My gcsm notes says this what does it mean ?
Final is blank what can i expect ??
You can expect ppr. Congrats.

Iveyapplicant

Mar 22, 2021
Application is approved. File will remain opened until passport is stamped (counterfoil printed and affixed) and LOI letter dispatched to GCKEY.
No need to worry, you are approved. Just wait for your PPR. Congratulations :).
@wonderbly Thank you so much for responding. I feel a lot more relieved now knowing that the file remaining open does not mean that the approval is not final. It's been crazy these past few months, and I'm happy to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for all the help you give to stressed out applicants like me and countless others on this forum :).

Reactions: wonderbly

chhandak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021

Security :
HIRV :
Org Crime :
Misrep :
Other Req :