+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in choosing university. URGENT

Pr1shu

Feb 24, 2016
Please help me with the following

I want to apply for Master in Computer Science in Canada. Which university should I go for or which university accept me with following marks

10th - 75.2%
12th - 77.6%
B.Tech (I.T) - 75.87 approx 76%
IETLS - overall 6.5
L-6.0 R-5.5 W-6.5 S-7.0

7 month relevant work experience. (One in startup and another internship with google).

With this profile can I get admission in any university of canada.

Mainly I'm focusing on concordia, carleton and winnipegg university. Do I give one more shot for IETLS or this may work?

Please help me.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pr1shu said:

I want to apply for Master in Computer Science in Canada. Which university should I go for or which university accept me with following marks

10th - 75.2%
12th - 77.6%
IETLS - overall 6.5
L-6.0 R-5.5 W-6.5 S-7.0

7 month relevant work experience. (One in startup and another internship with google).

Mainly I'm focusing on concordia, carleton and winnipegg university. Do I give one more shot for IETLS or this may work?

Please help me.
Hi,

You do stand a good chance at admission...
I think you can give a shot to IELTS again, coz the current score is like a border mark!....
Are you trying for fall?
Can you tell me about Winnipeg University and why that university for computer science?

I suggest you to look for Ontario and Toronto universities too...

Pr1shu

Feb 24, 2016
Okay I'll go for IELTS one more time.

Can I apply now with same profile as mentioned university (in order to get offer letter from their side) and later on if I scored good I'll show them my updated result?

Actually I'm planning for PGDM in winnipegg uni. not MS (typo error). The minimum requirement is an overall band of 6.5, with no band below 6.0 but some where I read it accept 5.5 in one module too so that is why.

Is concordia university accept this profile for MS in CS? Do I'm going to face any problem during visa time?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pr1shu said:
Okay I'll go for IELTS one more time.

Can I apply now with same profile as mentioned university (in order to get offer letter from their side) and later on if I scored good I'll show them my updated result?

Actually I'm planning for PGDM in winnipegg uni. not MS (typo error). The minimum requirement is an overall band of 6.5, with no band below 6.0 but some where I read it accept 5.5 in one module too so that is why.

Is concordia university accept this profile for MS in CS? Do I'm going to face any problem during visa time?
With Concordia, you're good to go... Not sure aboout Visa....

For Fall 2016, I doubt other universities' deadline must have passed... Please check and apply..

Universities usually accept the scores that you provide... if you submit the first score i.e 6.5 (This is taken into consideration than the later one that you send)... You can do this..
1) Write the exam
2) Apply for the university without any score.
3) If they ask for results (Pending Docs notification from university), tell them that they are in due for 13 days or so...
4) Finally send the scores..
no issues at all..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Pr1shu said:

10th - 75.2%
12th - 77.6%
IETLS - overall 6.5
L-6.0 R-5.5 W-6.5 S-7.0

Please help me.
improve ur IELTS 5.5 is too low for university look at the university requirements on their website

bis_86

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Pr1shu said:

10th - 75.2%
12th - 77.6%
IETLS - overall 6.5
L-6.0 R-5.5 W-6.5 S-7.0

Please help me.
improve IELTS .
Consider MSS in UBC as well

Sukhj1nd3r

Mar 9, 2016
I have updated my IELTS

Overall 6.5
No band less than 6.0

Can you please suggest me instead of Concordia University, where can I still apply for M.Engg / M.S for September-2016 intake.

Thank you!

GameBoy4993

Dec 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Hi Sparsha,

My profile is

SSC - 75%
HSC - 73%
B.Tech (ME) - 67% aggregate

IELTS - 6.5 bands

I have applied for Windsor(fall intake) and Carleton (Summer intake)

Windsor - i got an update saying it is with academic review and no updates for Carleton still shows under review.

Do you feel with my profile how much chances i stand for admission? I am quite tensed.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GameBoy4993 said:
Hi Sparsha,

My profile is

SSC - 75%
HSC - 73%
B.Tech (ME) - 67% aggregate

IELTS - 6.5 bands

I have applied for Windsor(fall intake) and Carleton (Summer intake)

Windsor - i got an update saying it is with academic review and no updates for Carleton still shows under review.

Do you feel with my profile how much chances i stand for admission? I am quite tensed.
I think you stand good chance with Windsor.. Carleton is quite tough to get entry...
Have patience.. check if you stand chance for any other university ...
Hope you have made your SOP and all aptly...