+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in choosing checklist for live-in caregiver and some questions

ressie151722

Feb 13, 2014
Hi to all!
I am applying under LCP in Canadian Embassy in the Philippines..
I have some questions regarding checklist and forms cos I am confused what checklist to use.
hope you guys can help me.

Question 1:
What proper checklist i will provide in my LCP application?
Option 1(printable but not downloadable)
Application for work permit in live-in caregiver-checklist

Or

Option 2 (Downloable form)
IMM5488E document checklist

Sorry i can't provide the links , the forum won't allow me to.both can be found at Canadian embassy In the Philippines website.

Question 2:
Do I need to apply Temporary Resident Permit/Visa even I am applying LCP work permit? I ask this because if I choose to use the checklist in option 1 above the TRP is not included or required in checklist.

Question 3:
Should I provide original copy of the LMO and Contract in application or just a copy of both?

Btw I have already both LMO and signed contract from my Canadian employer.

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
2. Yes, need to fill up the App for TRV. 3. Yes, photocopy will do but in case u will pass the original the CEM will return it back when u got your visa.(In my case, my LMO only ;) If you want, u can add our group page in fb: Batch 2012 (LCP Applicants) so we can guide you there. Our forum will help u a lot: lbautista.proboards.com.

ressie151722

Feb 13, 2014
Sorry for the late response cos i'm busy preparing all my docs and thanks for the answer..ok i'll check the site you mention...

1 more question..i decided to use the checklist option 1 i have printed from canadian embassy manila but the problem is the TWP in not included in the checklist.
can i include it even it is not listed on the checklist?

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
okay, nakita ko na yong 2 checklist. Mine, i used the IMM5488: Document Checklist for a Work Permit simply because it was the available checklist last year. I think checklist IMM5282: Document Checklist for LCP should be used since it is specific na for LCP talaga. BUT, you can used both. If u check the 2, makikita mo na same lang naman ang rqts mas specific lang ang IMM5282. :)