+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in choosing a career in canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
noted. I am Primarily looking to settle in calgary/edmonton/winnipeg. let's see what has time decided there for me in future. A good Salary ? keeping in mind the ever highest inflation in Canada, I will mention a 6 figure salary ( for a teacher in these any of the above mentioned cities)should be fine to begin.
You will not make six figures unless you are a principal, vice principal or superintendent.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
noted. I am Primarily looking to settle in calgary/edmonton/winnipeg. let's see what has time decided there for me in future. A good Salary ? keeping in mind the ever highest inflation in Canada, I will mention a 6 figure salary ( for a teacher in these any of the above mentioned cities)should be fine to begin.
The median salary in Canada is 65K so most are not making 6 figures. Most teachers don’t make 6 figures in Canada. You will have to go back to train as a principal or vice principal. Many receive a salary over the summer so their salaries during the school years are prorated for the absence. In Canada most families need a second income to cover the cost of living which is why both parents usually work. As a foreign trained teacher you may struggle getting a job in the major cities. There will likely be a preference to hire teachers trained in Canada and teaching in the larger cities tend to be more sought after positions. Have you looked at what will be needed to get licensed and what do you teach? For certain subjects it will be easier to find employment and have more options.

Jan 30, 2022
Good morning my name is frantzdy macean I have 34 years I need I from haïti. I leaving in USA. I finish my high school 2010, cause I have kids I don’t have time to go to school. Now my son will go to the college I need go back to school. I need help to have letters to fill for the study visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good morning my name is frantzdy macean I have 34 years I need I from haïti. I leaving in USA. I finish my high school 2010, cause I have kids I don’t have time to go to school. Now my son will go to the college I need go back to school. I need help to have letters to fill for the study visa.
So you have admission to a Canadian college or university. If so apply for a study visa.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
6 figures is fine for you? good to know. We will keep you posted so you can have your wish. Of course this is just to begin, because you deserve so much more

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Through glassdoor, I found that salaries for teachers are quite depressing.
Or is it that glassdoor is under reporting the salary stats ?
your inputs please.
If you are shocked about Canadian teaching salaries US teachers make much less.

bhardu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
The median salary in Canada is 65K so most are not making 6 figures. Most teachers don’t make 6 figures in Canada. You will have to go back to train as a principal or vice principal. Many receive a salary over the summer so their salaries during the school years are prorated for the absence. In Canada most families need a second income to cover the cost of living which is why both parents usually work. As a foreign trained teacher you may struggle getting a job in the major cities. There will likely be a preference to hire teachers trained in Canada and teaching in the larger cities tend to be more sought after positions. Have you looked at what will be needed to get licensed and what do you teach? For certain subjects it will be easier to find employment and have more options.
yup I've learnt that all of the short listed cities (Alberta and Manitoba) need licensing from provincial education authorities. I've applied for SOE from PCU, Manitoba. But is clueless about ALberta's teaching certification process. My major teaching subject is Maths and my primary research shows it can help in getting employed in schools.

Reactions: canuck78

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yup I've learnt that all of the short listed cities (Alberta and Manitoba) need licensing from provincial education authorities. I've applied for SOE from PCU, Manitoba. But is clueless about ALberta's teaching certification process. My major teaching subject is Maths and my primary research shows it can help in getting employed in schools.
So you are a secondary teacher. Here is the link for Alberta.
https://www.alberta.ca/teacher-certification.aspx

Reactions: bhardu

MNJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hi
You can consider to do Civil Engineering if you have physics and Maths good grades at A level and you can become a registered Civil Engineer that earns well.