+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**Need help guys : Got PPR and I'm getting married soon

cecvfx

May 29, 2014
Hey guys I got my PPR last night but I can't send my passport right now because I'm getting married in few days in India. So what do you suggest me to do?? Should I write them an email saying I'm getting married soon ? or wait for some days and let them know after marriage??

Since she is still in her university I don't wanna apply for her PR right now(She is not accompanying with me). In that case I'm wondering whether they'll stop processing my application or what will happen.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

If you get married before you land as a PR, you MUST add your spouse to your app, even is she is non-accompanying. She will need to have a medical done, obtain the necessary PCCs and fill out the forms.

If you get married and then land as a PR without adding her, you will be committing misrepresentation, which could result in the loss of your PR status, and you will never be able to sponsor your spouse, as she will be excluded from the family class.

I suggest you email them about your upcoming marriage, explaining that you will be adding your spouse to your app as non-accompanying and will be sending your passport upon your return.

cecvfx

May 29, 2014
Ohh thanks a lot for the info canuck_in_uk..

I'll email them soon.

Do you think they stop my application process when I say I'm getting married? is it going to slow down my application process time?

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Adding your wife will delay your app by several months.

It's either that or don't get married until after you land as a PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cecvfx said:
But she is not accompanying. Even in that case it slows down to several months?
Yes. Regardless of whether she's accompanying or not, she will need to have a medical, obtain PCCs, fill out the forms. CIC will still perform background checks and security checks on her.

If she is able to land as a PR and then return to continue her studies without spending more than 3 years outside of Canada, you should really consider including her as accompanying.

albrye

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
2211/2212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUGUST-2013
Doc's Request.
12-MARCH-2014
AOR Received.
10-OCT-2013
Med's Request
25-MAR-2014
Med's Done....
10-APR-2014
Passport Req..
23-APR-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
8-MAY-2014
Second that. Land first and deal with the rest later.

cecvfx

May 29, 2014
@canuck : Yeah I'm planning to say that she accompany. I think thats the best idea. Thanks for the advice. I don't mind waiting to get my pr. but I just have some doubts.

i.When my process gets delay, Do I need to go thro the steps again like medicals, pcc and all those things for me? or I just have to do it for my wife, since my application is in the final stage?

ii. do you have any idea approx how long it takes to get the process done(for both od us if I include her now)? some of my friends say that I don't have to wait for another year. it should be done in 5 or 6 months to get pr for both of us. Is that true?

iii. She is in India and I'm in Canada so I need to do the process for her here in Canada or in India?

I appreciate your answers man. Thanks a LOT!!!!

@ albrye : Hey bud I can't send my passport now because I'm travelling soon for my marriage so I don't wanna send my passport and wait for them to send it back fast. That will put me in lot of pressure and risk! Thanks for the reply :).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cecvfx said:
i.When my process gets delay, Do I need to go thro the steps again like medicals, pcc and all those things for me? or I just have to do it for my wife, since my application is in the final stage?

ii. do you have any idea approx how long it takes to get the process done(for both od us if I include her now)? some of my friends say that I don't have to wait for another year. it should be done in 5 or 6 months to get pr for both of us. Is that true?

iii. She is in India and I'm in Canada so I need to do the process for her here in Canada or in India?
i. Possibly. Medicals are valid for a year. If yours expires before approval, CIC may either extend it or request a new one. PCCs usually aren't requested again but sometimes are, so no one can tell you for sure.

ii. I would say 6 months at the most. I think it's usually around 3-4 months extra to add a spouse but CIC will take as long as they want to take.

iii. Her forms and documents are mailed to whichever visa office you applied through. As she is in India, when she gets PPR, she will send her passport to New Delhi.