App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello
They opened The Fsw again which we did not expect. Now our job is in the list. We are ready to apply again. BUT
Officially we are still PR. LEFT CAnada in 2009 and did not return.
Can we just re apply or do we have to sent a travel document or other with our application To clear our status
Thank you!!!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sternchen30890 said:
Hello
They opened The Fsw again which we did not expect. Now our job is in the list. We are ready to apply again. BUT
Officially we are still PR. LEFT CAnada in 2009 and did not return.
Can we just re apply or do we have to sent a travel document or other with our application To clear our status
Thank you!!!!!
1. You apply for PR Travel Document, you are refused, then you waive the Appeal, at that point you then can re-apply for FSW. There is supposed to be a change in Bill C-43 which allows for the relinquishment of PR status under the Act. You would have to check to see if has come into force.

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PMM said:
Hi

1. You apply for PR Travel Document, you are refused, then you waive the Appeal, at that point you then can re-apply for FSW. There is supposed to be a change in Bill C-43 which allows for the relinquishment of PR status under the Act. You would have to check to see if has come into force.
Can I put both together (FSW 2014 application and travele document)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - they are separate applications. You'll need to make sure that you are no longer a PR by the time they start processing your FSW application.

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scylla said:
No - they are separate applications. You'll need to make sure that you are no longer a PR by the time they start processing your FSW application.

we want to apply under FSW 2014 there must be a shorter way to clear our status????????

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scylla said:
I found this on the internet:

Hi!

I got an email from buffalo office about relinquishing my previous PR for which I did not meet residency obligations. I want to reaaply for PR after relinquishing my previous PR as I have stayed 5 years outside Canada and eligible under new system.

The email says:

If you are certain that you want to relinquish your permanent resident status in Canada, you can send your permanent resident card along with a letter stating you are relinquishing your status to:

The Query Response Center

Canadian Building

219 Laurier West Ave

4th Floor, Room C-450

Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

Could this work????

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Sternchen30890 said:
I found this on the internet:

Hi!

I got an email from buffalo office about relinquishing my previous PR for which I did not meet residency obligations. I want to reaaply for PR after relinquishing my previous PR as I have stayed 5 years outside Canada and eligible under new system.

The email says:

If you are certain that you want to relinquish your permanent resident status in Canada, you can send your permanent resident card along with a letter stating you are relinquishing your status to:

The Query Response Center

Canadian Building

219 Laurier West Ave

4th Floor, Room C-450

Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

Could this work????
I have absolutely NO IDEA if sending in your card that way would work, but even if it does, you would still need to wait for them to process all the paperwork. It's nothing as simple as writing a letter saying "here I don't want this anymore thanks though" and them just turning it 'off' in the system. You can bet there will be more paperwork for you to fill out and file and wait a determined amount of time for them to get it all signed, sealed, delivered and ready to go. Sorry, but I don't think you will find a 'fast' way for this to be done.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bill C-43 section on relinquishment is active by adding IRPA 46 (1)(e) but it refers to an Officer accepting the relinquishment. To cover the legal position it seems the PR still should default to OB505 which requires a residency determination. IMHO I think the Bill C-43 amendment seems to better cover a Port of Entry relinquishment which saves the Officer time reviewing your RO.

You need to submit a PRTD application and include in this a letter stating you agree to breaching the RO and waiving all appeal rights. Include your PR Card, SIN and Provincial Health Cards.

But why give up your PR. If you have a valid PR Card just travel back to Canada. If you don't have a valid PR card then depending on the passport you hold you can re-enter Canada via airline (if visitor visa exempt) or via a land border (not visit visa exempt) with your COPR and expired PR Card. You may get admitted without being reported. If this happens then once in Canada avoid CIC/CBSA for 2 years which brings your PR back in good standing..avoid any legal issue too with the police.

You may give up your PR and not succeed with the FSW!

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Msafiri said:
Bill C-43 section on relinquishment is active by adding IRPA 46 (1)(e) but it refers to an Officer accepting the relinquishment. To cover the legal position it seems the PR still should default to OB505 which requires a residency determination. IMHO I think the Bill C-43 amendment seems to better cover a Port of Entry relinquishment which saves the Officer time reviewing your RO.

You need to submit a PRTD application and include in this a letter stating you agree to breaching the RO and waiving all appeal rights. Include your PR Card, SIN and Provincial Health Cards.

But why give up your PR. If you have a valid PR Card just travel back to Canada. If you don't have a valid PR card then depending on the passport you hold you can re-enter Canada via airline (if visitor visa exempt) or via a land border (not visit visa exempt) with your COPR and expired PR Card. You may get admitted without being reported. If this happens then once in Canada avoid CIC/CBSA for 2 years which brings your PR back in good standing..avoid any legal issue too with the police.

You may give up your PR and not succeed with the FSW!
Hello! Thanks for your post and help!!! This is not an option for us sneaking in and hoping they wont noticed anything. There are risks envolved we dont want to take. We dont know what they know.

I found a post about a person who faced the same problem as we are. please read below:

The original eamil I received is as follow. Could you please check for me, is my understanding right? what should I do next?
Thank you so much!

Dear

This refers to your application for a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa. Our records indicate that you are a permanent resident of Canada. A determination of your permanent resident status is required before our office may proceed with your Permanent Resident Visa application. In order to do so, you must review the attached documents and select the scenario that best applies to your situation.

Please find the attached documents for your review and completion:

i. PRTD instructions, scenarios and checklist;
ii. Application for a Travel Document (IMM5524E);
iii. Consent to Decision on Residency Obligation and Waiver of Appeal Rights per A46(1)(b)
iv. Voluntary Relinquishment of Permanent Status/Residency Obligation Met (IMM5539B).

Step 1
Review the PRTD instructions, scenarios and checklist form to determine which scenario best applies to your situation. Be sure to follow the instructions and checklist to ensure that you submit all required documentation.
Step 2
Be sure to fully complete all required forms, as outlined in the checklist. This includes signing all documents as required. Please note that for applicants who are minors, it is the guardian's responsibility (usually the parents) to determine what is in the best interest of the child and to decide accordingly. All documents must be signed by the applicant or guardians (if the applicant is under 18 years old) prior to submission.
Step 3
Include a copy of this message with your documents and submit them to our office by mail/courier. You must submit ALL YOUR PASSPORTS covering the period from when you first landed in Canada until present.
Due to the volume of requests, our office is unable to provide individual assistance in completing application forms. Applicants should respond to all questions to the best of their ability and provide a separate explanation where appropriate. Our application kits list which documents are required. The applicant should complete all parts of the application and provide all requested documents. Applications which are not fully completed or do not enclose required documents will normally be withdrawn or refused.

Please submit the requested documents and information within 30 days of the date of transmission of this email. If you require further time, please contact us as soon as possible with an explanation for any requested extensions.

Our office cannot provide applicants with individual guidance; this is to ensure that all applicants receive consistent advice.

Yours sincerely,
Visa and Immigration Section

and this response

Hi, Msafiri

I got reply from CIC, please read the reply below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please fill out the following forms and return them to our office via email as scanned attachments, clearly showing your original signatures:

- Consent & Waiver Declaration - Relinquishment;
- Application for a Travel Document PR Abroad - IMM5524E ("PRTD").

Please do not submit any fees, as the relinquishment process is fee exempt.

Upon receipt of your submissions, we will assess your prior permanent resident status according to the information you provide and record it in our system. If you do not meet residency requirements under Section 28 of the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act, we will issue you a refusal letter. As soon as your PRTD refusal and relinquishment status are finalized, we will resume processing of your current permanent residence application.

As always, please be sure to provide your file number (and UCI if available).

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

From what I understand we can just apply under the FSW Programm now and

a) attach the required forms with a letter to our application or
b) just apply and wait for their response

SEndung an application to Vienne (our case) pay fees for that we dont need to pay and then sent our FSW application to Nova Scotia does not make sense.
It all needs to be together. We dont have enough time since the caps will be filled quickly

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PMM said:
Hi

something like this....?

Date.xxxx

The Canadian Embassy
Visa Section
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna

Relinquishment of Permanent Resident Status
Permanent Resident No. xxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

We were not able to contact your visa office via phone or email.

Please accept the attached forms in order to relinquish our status as permanent residents of Canada.

We are aware and agree to breaching the Residency Obligations and waive all appeal rights as indicated in the attached forms.

We did not submit any fees as we were told the relinquishment process is fee exempt.
If this is wrong please contact us via email and we will pay the required fees.

Please issue a refusal letter to us so we can re-apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program 2014.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

xxxxxxxxxx

Enclosed
- Consent & Waiver Declaration - Relinquishment;
- Application for a Travel Document PR Abroad - IMM5524E ("PRTD").
- Permanent Resident Cards

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That should suffice. However Visa Post may decide to wait out the 60 day timeline (as per IRPA) to appeal in case you change your mind. Add to this mailing time and this could stretch out to circa 80 days. As for sneaking in this isn't happening since you will get inspected - CBSA appear historically to let PRs pass...nobody likes paperwork!

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Msafiri said:
That should suffice. However Visa Post may decide to wait out the 60 day timeline (as per IRPA) to appeal in case you change your mind. Add to this mailing time and this could stretch out to circa 80 days. As for sneaking in this isn't happening since you will get inspected - CBSA appear historically to let PRs pass...nobody likes paperwork!
our visa office finally answered. they asked us to sent travel document to relinquish status. is one TD enough for my husband and me or do we each need to sent one? thank you!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sternchen30890 said:
our visa office finally answered. they asked us to sent travel document to relinquish status. is one TD enough for my husband and me or do we each need to sent one? thank you!
One each so a total of 2.

spacewalkerback

Oct 13, 2013
hi everybody ,,,,
i have a valid PR till 2015.....i will not meet the RO and i have my own reasons which may be accepted ander the humanity reasons,,but i would like to re-apply as i have a family now and i like to enter canada with them instead of getting my PR again and go through the long process of supporting.

i can submit my application under the FSW this year,,,so could you advice me ,,,,i read this topic ,,but i need a final decision..
could i re-apply and relinquish my PR in the same time,,,or what is the fastest action..can you brief them in steps.

thanks all for your co-operation.

regards

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spacewalkerback said:
hi everybody ,,,,
i have a valid PR till 2015.....i will not meet the RO and i have my own reasons which may be accepted ander the humanity reasons,,but i would like to re-apply as i have a family now and i like to enter canada with them instead of getting my PR again and go through the long process of supporting.

i can submit my application under the FSW this year,,,so could you advice me ,,,,i read this topic ,,but i need a final decision..
could i re-apply and relinquish my PR in the same time,,,or what is the fastest action..can you brief them in steps.

thanks all for your co-operation.

regards
Hello again!
If your card is still valid just try to get in or apply for a td
If you have a good reason they might issue it
But it will take a long time to appeal.
It might be faster to apply under the fsw again but you have to hurry depending on your occupation.
You cant apply under the fsw while waiting for an apoeal
But i believe you can apply for relinquishment and under the fsw at the same time
At least i read here that some applied under thd fsw and while their application was prossessed the visa office noticed they are still a pr and asked them to fill out a td tor relinquishment.
It just slowed downd their application

We are doing this and i will keep you updated about this
But our pr cards are not valid since 2011 and we dont have a readon to appeal

Our cards are not valid since 2011 plus we dont have a reason not meeting the ro

We applied for at to relinquish our status
Plus we are going to apply under the fsw in june