+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help from seniors

Khilji1

Dec 4, 2018
My Qualification = Master of banking and finance. (16 years)
Cgpa = 3.18 / 4
Ielts = Appearing in mid of December 2018
I want to know to know in which college or University i should apply in?

Can i still apply in may intake or i have to apply in sepSeptem intake ?

If i get offer letter of September intake, can i apply for visa six months before date of traveling?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

I'm new to this group. If there is something i should mentioned and I'm didn't than feel free to ask.

Reactions: AGoodSoul

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
My Qualification = Master of banking and finance. (16 years)
Cgpa = 3.18 / 4
Ielts = Appearing in mid of December 2018
I want to know to know in which college or University i should apply in?
Really depends where in Canada you want to go. It's a huge place.

Can i still apply in may intake or i have to apply in sepSeptem intake ?
May might be cutting it a bit close. General rule is to apply more than 3-4 months before the classes start. I applied 6 months before.

If i get offer letter of September intake, can i apply for visa six months before date of traveling?
Certainly.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

I'm new to this group. If there is something i should mentioned and I'm didn't than feel free to ask.
Where are you from? You have to apply for a course that is a progression of your education, so you can't just take a diploma. International student fee's are very high, so you need a lot of funds. If your aim is to get a PGWP (open work permit) at the end of your course, apply for a course that is 2 years long and then you will be eligible for a 3 year PGWP. You will have to get a minimum of 6 in each IELTS section, but try to get more.

Reactions: Khilji1

Khilji1

Dec 4, 2018
Where are you from? You have to apply for a course that is a progression of your education, so you can't just take a diploma. International student fee's are very high, so you need a lot of funds. If your aim is to get a PGWP (open work permit) at the end of your course, apply for a course that is 2 years long and then you will be eligible for a 3 year PGWP. You will have to get a minimum of 6 in each IELTS section, but try to get more.
Thank you so much. I am from Pakistan and I'm stuck at finding a suitable University and program. Where sgshoui apply.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I went to Newfoundland, but my course was IT related (not Banking). I would suggest you google finance courses in Canada and that should show some things., but you need to research where you want to live first. I can't tell you where to live :)

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Why would you like to study at international fees when you may qualify for PR and pay local

If you are into accounts and have 3 yr work experience... Below 32 age .. given Ur masters... I'm sure your CRS would be strong enough (above 455)
Provided u score high at IELTS.

Just think about it.

Check CRS calculator on this website itself..

If not then... U may Wana do a PhD ..
Btw.. pls check the post on Wes evaluation .. masters from India is counted sometimes as Diploma. So double-check there too

Khilji1

Dec 4, 2018
Why would you like to study at international fees when you may qualify for PR and pay local

If you are into accounts and have 3 yr work experience... Below 32 age .. given Ur masters... I'm sure your CRS would be strong enough (above 455)
Provided u score high at IELTS.

Just think about it.

Check CRS calculator on this website itself..

If not then... U may Wana do a PhD ..
Btw.. pls check the post on Wes evaluation .. masters from India is counted sometimes as Diploma. So double-check there too
Thank you so much for such good advice. Actually I heard that there PR process takes 8 months to more than a year easily and still people from India and Pakistan don't get Pr from their home countries. I also heard that after applying PR you will not be able to get student visa, as the visa officer will say that I don't have any intention to go back to my country so

Khilji1

Dec 4, 2018
I went to Newfoundland, but my course was IT related (not Banking). I would suggest you google finance courses in Canada and that should show some things., but you need to research where you want to live first. I can't tell you where to live :)
Well I don't mind living anywhere in Canada but I will prefer those states where it is easy to get PR after

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Thank you so much for such good advice. Actually I heard that there PR process takes 8 months to more than a year easily and still people from India and Pakistan don't get Pr from their home countries. I also heard that after applying PR you will not be able to get student visa, as the visa officer will say that I don't have any intention to go back to my country so

Well yes it takes time.
No Canada doesn't discriminate between home land application
So India or not.. doesn't really matter if you have clean non criminal background
Yes the world is slightly stereotypical but if you have all the point ... The system will.never discriminate against Color or origin

Coming to study
You have to choose a very strong university and most appropriate course and back it wid a mind blowing professional SOP
THE INSTITUTE needs to be from approved list here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

As for pr and study combo.... Yes the intent wise u will be judged but if you convince u will come back after study then even with a parallel entry in immigration pool you may get study visa.
Chances are low.. but there are exceptions. Sometimes they give it if they see you have lot of ties back home

Khilji1

Dec 4, 2018
Well yes it takes time.
No Canada doesn't discriminate between home land application
So India or not.. doesn't really matter if you have clean non criminal background
Yes the world is slightly stereotypical but if you have all the point ... The system will.never discriminate against Color or origin

Coming to study
You have to choose a very strong university and most appropriate course and back it wid a mind blowing professional SOP
THE INSTITUTE needs to be from approved list here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

As for pr and study combo.... Yes the intent wise u will be judged but if you convince u will come back after study then even with a parallel entry in immigration pool you may get study visa.
Chances are low.. but there are exceptions. Sometimes they give it if they see you have lot of ties back home
Thanks again. I really appreciate your help. I will keep that in mind. ☺