+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP FROM FELLOW FILIPINOS PLEASE.

badfishhhh

Jan 5, 2011
Hi!

I am so frustrated with POEA! i know this is canadian visa but you guys might help us too!

me and my friend have a US working visa (H2B visa) issued in september. we were supposed to start working in the US on dec 15th. we have all the paperwork required to get an EOC. I went to the POEA on Monday, submitted all the requirements then they gave us an endorsement for medical and asked us to have the PDOS scheduled. so, we had our PDOS and medical right away. Upon getting the PDOS certificate and the fit to work order, we went back to POEA for the step before getting the EOC. The lady at window 3, received our document, stamped it and forwarded it to her boss. then we waited. after a few minutes, the boss (who's supposed to sign our EOC), called our name and informed us that THEY COULD NOT PROCESS OUR EOC BECAUSE THEY HAVE THIS 10-EMPLOYEE LIMIT PER EMPLOYER AS DIRECT HIRE AND THERE ARE ALREADY 11 UNDER OUR EMPLOYER! so my friend and I are supposedly the 12th and the 13th! she wants us to go through an agency and our employer did not agree to tie up with an agency because they are asking for $1800/person just to process our papers!

and assuming that everything will go smoothly since we already have the PDOS and medical certificate, we already booked a flight to US for friday (jan 7, 2011)! what the hell are we going to do? the plane ticket is $1,400!

what can we do???
- can we get the EOC from a POEA regional office?
-can we go to hong kong or other asian countries that does not require visa and exit to US from there? is it legal? what are the risks? what do we need?
-is there anyone who knows an agency that we could pay and process our papers without requesting for our employer to have them accredited their agency here in the philippines? if there is someone we could pay just to get our butts outta here, we would like to talk to that person!