Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have a doubt and i can't figure out what to do. My friend has a bachelors degree from India and 2 certificate courses from Canada and is on a work permit. He has been planning to apply for PR under CEC but can't figure out if he needs an ECA. If he does, it will be just for his bachelors?

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aneelkanth said:
Yes ECA will be required for his foreign education only.
Thank you so much

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Sheeba Bernard said:
Hi
I have a doubt and i can't figure out what to do. My friend has a bachelors degree from India and 2 certificate courses from Canada and is on a work permit. He has been planning to apply for PR under CEC but can't figure out if he needs an ECA. If he does, it will be just for his bachelors?
ECA is needed only if your friend wants to claim points for the education from India.
I have applied under the CEC category with an offer letter from my employee that gave me additional points and took care of the ITA draw/score. I have not claimed points for my education. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick and hassle free processing by CIC.

Your friend may want to check the links to take a calculated decision.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/does-cec-applicants-in-ee-need-eca-t255200.0.html

All the best.

tewarimanish

Mar 15, 2016
s23srinivas said:
ECA is needed only if your friend wants to claim points for the education from India.
I have applied under the CEC category with an offer letter from my employee that gave me additional points and took care of the ITA draw/score. I have not claimed points for my education. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick and hassle free processing by CIC.

Your friend may want to check the links to take a calculated decision.

All the best.
Hi there

Is there any separate process for CEC, I believe its only through Express Entry.

Thanks

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
tewarimanish said:
Hi there

Is there any separate process for CEC, I believe its only through Express Entry.

Thanks
You are right, its through EE since Jan 2015. The second link (topic from this forum) was started when EE was yet to be implemented and there may have been a bit of confusion on how to go about the application in the last weeks of 2014.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tewarimanish said:
Three separate programs are managed through express entry (CEC, FSW, and FST). YES, there absolutely remains a separate process for CEC, but FIRST you have to go through express entry. If you get an invitation to apply, you will be told which program you qualify for. THEN, you will complete the application for that program.