+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for my father who overstayed his working visa for nearly 10 years in Canada

knnthrl

Nov 25, 2023
I am writing this to seek your help and advice for my father who has been living and working in Canada for almost 10 years without a valid visa this coming year 2024. He came to Canada in 2012 as a temporary foreign worker with a work permit valid for two years. He was employed by a restaurant here in Toronto. He was hoping to apply for permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class program after gaining enough work experience and language skills. However, his employer refused to renew his work permit or help him with his immigration application until his passport expired. He also threatened to report him to the authorities if he tried to leave the company or find another job. My father was afraid of losing his income and being deported, so he stayed with the same employer and continued to work illegally. He also did not have access to health care, social benefits, or legal protection. He was exploited and abused by his employer, who paid him below the minimum wage, deducted taxes from his salary but did not remit them to the government. I am asking for your help and guidance on how to resolve this situation. Is there any way that my father can apply for a humanitarian and compassionate consideration or a pre-removal risk assessment? I appreciate any information or advice that you can provide. Thank you for your time and attention.