Mar 17, 2018
Hi all,

Below is my profile.

Msc IT: 7.72 CGPA
BCA: 77%
12th: 71%
10th: 67.38%
IELTS: 6.5 (no less than 6)
Work Experience: 1 Year as a Software Engineer and 6 months as a Software Developer Intern

I have applied in Following Universities for MSc Computer Science for Fall 2019 intake
  1. Lakehead University
  2. Windsor University
  3. University of Ottawa
What are my chances of getting admission from one of these universities?

which are the other universities where I should apply?

Please give your suggestion.
Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fine for lakehead and Windsor, not sure about Ottawa. But also prepare how you will explain to the visa officer why you're going for another Master's degree instead of a PhD, which would be a much more logical progression. They are strict with this.

Reactions: mr_vishal

mr_vishal

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Fine for lakehead and Windsor, not sure about Ottawa. But also prepare how you will explain to the visa officer why you're going for another Master's degree instead of a PhD, which would be a much more logical progression. They are strict with this.
Thank you so much for the input. I appreciate your time.

Do you think I should apply to other universities as well? if so can you please suggest?

Yes, I should be ready with the strong explanation by that time. The actual reason not going for Ph.D. is that it requires a long time which I can not afford and on top that mostly Ph.D. grads work as Professor and I don't want to go in that career.

But for the explanation, I think I could say something like this. Of course, Previous master degree added values but There were no subjects like machine learning and artificial intelligence taught in the previous university. for this reason, i wanted to go for another master degree. I think I should also mention something about the industrial experience.

Do you think it this reasonable? please suggest.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
You could also relate your professional career to your proposed Master in Cs program.

I think you could get into lakehead. Maybe Windsor too. Ielts could be an issue as most universities in Canada require 7 overall and not less than 6.5 in each module. Email the universities regarding this, if they require higher ielts score.

Google "universities in Canada" on the internet and check their MSc in CS Requirements.

Reactions: mr_vishal

mr_vishal

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
You could also relate your professional career to your proposed Master in Cs program.

I think you could get into lakehead. Maybe Windsor too. Ielts could be an issue as most universities in Canada require 7 overall and not less than 6.5 in each module. Email the universities regarding this, if they require higher ielts score.

Google "universities in Canada" on the internet and check their MSc in CS Requirements.
sure i will do that.
Thanks for the suggestion! :)