+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for Canada travel in July!

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Hi All,

I am a Canadian PR and have been a resident for the last year. Currently in India for some emergency. I have booked my ticket for the first week of July through AirCanada. I know about travel restrictions, ban, and the possibility of that being extended. But if at all travel open up by then, my question is regarding my flight:

My flight is from New Delhi to Toronto via Vancouver (1 hour 20 minutes layover). Since New Delhi to Toronto flights is all full, I had to book this one. I want to know if there would be any issues in boarding this flight, assuming travel goes back to the pre-flight ban situation. I am a little tense considering the Vancouver layover since I will be booking hotel quarantine and then Airbnb in Toronto, if at all I am denied boarding and have to change the flight to say Vancouver, I will lose my quarantine bookings.

Has anyone flown through this route during covid? And have there been any issues?

Otherwise, I will re-book to Vancouver, quarantine there itself, and fly later to Toronto. Please help! Thank you!

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
My understanding is you need to do hotel quarantine in the city where you land. Not certain though.
Thanks for the reply, that's what I think too. But pardon my overthinking, if the flight between Vancouver and Toronto has domestic travellers too, wouldn't that be risky for them to be seated with international travellers that are not yet quarantined? I tried reaching out to AirCanada, but no reverts!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am a Canadian PR and have been a resident for the last year. Currently in India for some emergency. I have booked my ticket for the first week of July through AirCanada. I know about travel restrictions, ban, and the possibility of that being extended. But if at all travel open up by then, my question is regarding my flight:

My flight is from New Delhi to Toronto via Vancouver (1 hour 20 minutes layover). Since New Delhi to Toronto flights is all full, I had to book this one. I want to know if there would be any issues in boarding this flight, assuming travel goes back to the pre-flight ban situation. I am a little tense considering the Vancouver layover since I will be booking hotel quarantine and then Airbnb in Toronto, if at all I am denied boarding and have to change the flight to say Vancouver, I will lose my quarantine bookings.

Has anyone flown through this route during covid? And have there been any issues?

Otherwise, I will re-book to Vancouver, quarantine there itself, and fly later to Toronto. Please help! Thank you!
You will need to quarantine in Vancouver if you take this flight.

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Your final destination can be Toronto but you'll need to delay the flight from Vancouver to Toronto until you've done your hotel quarantine and received a negative PCR test in Vancouver.
Thanks! I'll check with the airlines if they can seat me for a flight to Toronto three days later. If not, then ill book one myself and change this one. Thanks again for the help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply, that's what I think too. But pardon my overthinking, if the flight between Vancouver and Toronto has domestic travellers too, wouldn't that be risky for them to be seated with international travellers that are not yet quarantined? I tried reaching out to AirCanada, but no reverts!
As an international traveller quarantining in a hotel upon arrival (in port of arrival), you will have to have a negative covid test before boarding, (as coming from India) a negative covid test before boarding flight to Canada, and a negative covid test in quarantine hotel in Canada.

Whether that's 'risky' or not - those are the rules. Unless you're a high-level epidemiologist, not your problem.

After that - follow home isolation to keep you and yours safe using common sense (and following the law).

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
As an international traveller quarantining in a hotel upon arrival (in port of arrival), you will have to have a negative covid test before boarding, (as coming from India) a negative covid test before boarding flight to Canada, and a negative covid test in quarantine hotel in Canada.

Whether that's 'risky' or not - those are the rules. Unless you're a high-level epidemiologist, not your problem.

After that - follow home isolation to keep you and yours safe using common sense (and following the law).
So you mean I can take the flight and do hotel quarantine at Toronto itself right? Thank you for sharing your view, appreciate it! That's why I am conflicted, hotel bookings will go out fast (most already are booked to my surprise despite the ban!), and I don't want to be in a position where I lose money on hotel bookings or have to make a last-minute booking in the other place of arrival, or in the worst scenario, do both. Another forum expert just suggested above that I should hotel quarantine at Vancouver itself. I am more confused now, as both yours and the other expert's views sound legit!