+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help emergency

Oct 11, 2017
Hello thank you for your help I have a diploma in ETS MONTREAL of the 2nd cycle university which is called DESS of 30 credit which is only in Quebec then when I wanted to choose the diploma of education I find that there is only master then is that correct c to choose it?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello thank you for your help I have a diploma in ETS MONTREAL of the 2nd cycle university which is called DESS of 30 credit which is only in Quebec then when I wanted to choose the diploma of education I find that there is only master then is that correct c to choose it?
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but if you're trying to determine how to classify a Diploma under your Express Entry profile, the only way to be certain of how to classify it, is to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of the Diploma, from one of the recognized/authorized Evaluation Services such as World Education Services (WES)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
No i don't need ECA because i have study in canada
Okay...you might need to restate your question. Why would you choose 'Masters' if it's a Diploma? I may be misunderstanding your question...

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Because is postgraduat grade in 2nd cycle of university so i choice master its correct or no
...Post Graduate doesn't necessarily mean a Masters. A Masters is a Masters. If it's called a Diploma, then it's a Diploma...
If you have a prior Bachelor's Degree, then your level of education would be 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years'

Oct 11, 2017
Yes i have bachelor but my bachelor its ftom my home country but in EE you dont need the do ECA if you have high education its from canada so i choice what now more 2 degree or master

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Yes i have bachelor but my bachelor its ftom my home country but in EE you dont need the do ECA if you have high education its from canada so i choice what now more 2 degree or master
Are you sure about that?...I'm pretty sure that you will need the ECA if you try to claim points for the Degree completed outside of Canada. You only don't need the ECA for your Canadian post-graduate Diploma. Otherwise, how would IRCC know how to rank your non-Canadian qualification?

If the ECA comes back as a Bachelor's Degree, then you can select 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years'. You do not have a Master's, so you cannot claim 'Master's Degree'.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Are you sure about that?...I'm pretty sure that you will need the ECA if you try to claim points for the Degree completed outside of Canada. You only don't need the ECA for your Canadian post-graduate Diploma. Otherwise, how would IRCC know how to rank your non-Canadian qualification?

If the ECA comes back as a Bachelor's Degree, then you can select 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years'. You do not have a Master's, so you cannot claim 'Master's Degree'.
To follow up on that:
Based on what the IRCC website says, it doesn't indicate that you get an exemption for assessing your foreign degree just because you have a Canadian credential... you still need to get the foreign credential assessed...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Have your education assessed — Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one.

Who needs an ECA?
If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA for that credential.

You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if:

1. you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry, and
  2. you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for your foreign education
    • for yourself as an Express Entry candidate, or
    • for your spouse or common-law partner coming with you to Canada.
To be eligible under a) or to get points under b) you must include ECA results as part of your Express Entry profile.