+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP: Decision Made Changed to In-Process

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Several of us have been in this situation - although many people don't get invited for the test until after background check is complete, others get the test first. I did. It was 4-5 months after my test was done before background was completed. IRCC don't do the background check themselves so I decided to see it as a positive that they didn't think they were wasting their time having me do the test before confirming background/prohibitions! I did get my GCMS notes and they told me absolutely nothing, from which I take it that there was no 'reason' for the order, just background took a while

All to say: I wouldn't stress about the order being a little out of the ordinary. Be happy you've done your part and sit back to wait for IRCC, RCMP & all other acronyms to do theirs...
Thank you for sharing this. I am in a similar situation. Is your test sent from Scarborough office or a different office?

aspiringcanadian292

Feb 26, 2022
Hello,

I'm in the same exact situation.

I received the ghost updated as of March 15.

Decision made is back to in process.

No emails so far form anyone.

OP, any updates on this? Also did someone experience this who can share their experience with us?

crazymaverick

Feb 22, 2017
I’m in the same situation - family application, applied July 2021, Decision Made 10-Jun-22 with all steps completed in new tracker until today, 15-Aug-22 when status changed to In-Process and Background verification turned blue in new tracker.

Any updates on your case?