+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP: Decision Made Changed to In-Process

YELKHOULY

Feb 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone who has been through the same experience can share what to expect:

1- I submitted my application in October 2020
2- Received AOR in Jan 2021
3- Passed the citizenship exam on Nov 10th 2021
4- Everything on new tracker changed to completed, except oath not started, on Nov 17th
5- Decision Made on Nov 17th
6- A ghost update on Feb 11 2022
7- Back from DM to in-process on Feb 11 2022
8- New tracker still shows everything green except for oath not started
9- Called IRCC March 8 2022, they said officer probably needed to make verifications. I asked what sort of varification since everything is still green, she said she does not know.

Anyone been through the same situation or have an insight into what could be happening? Just want to know what I should expect here. Thank you all

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone who has been through the same experience can share what to expect:

4- Everything on new tracker changed to completed, except oath not started, on Nov 17th
9- Called IRCC March 8 2022, they said officer probably needed to make verifications. I asked what sort of varification since everything is still green, she said she does not know.

Anyone been through the same situation or have an insight into what could be happening? Just want to know what I should expect here. Thank you all
Is your ECAS still showing In Process? I am guessing that your criminality / prohibitions had expired - that would explain the ghost update. They do not show up on the new tracker with fresh dates.

Reactions: summaiya_t

YELKHOULY

Feb 14, 2022
Is your ECAS still showing In Process? I am guessing that your criminality / prohibitions had expired - that would explain the ghost update. They do not show up on the new tracker with fresh dates.
Yes it is. I asked IRCC on the phone and they said prohibitions are not expired since They didn’t require fingerprints to start with

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Hi everyone,

Did ur call went through on IRCC number I tried calling 100 time but no sucess

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi everyone,

your BG check expired.

Did they ask you finger prints last year?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I’m going to tag along on this post. My scenario is somewhat similar and I need some insight into what could be happening.
Applied on June 9 2021 got AOR on mid September. Got asked to do citizenship test on dec passed and completed on dec 23 2021 shows compete on new tracker. Last update on nee tracker Dec 24 2021

however background check is still in progress. Most people usually get their bg check cleared right away. What could be the issue? Should I call them at this point? What else can be done?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
I’m going to tag along on this post. My scenario is somewhat similar and I need some insight into what could be happening.
Applied on June 9 2021 got AOR on mid September. Got asked to do citizenship test on dec passed and completed on dec 23 2021 shows compete on new tracker. Last update on nee tracker Dec 24 2021

however background check is still in progress. Most people usually get their bg check cleared right away. What could be the issue? Should I call them at this point? What else can be done?
If I were you I would either call them or submit a webform or order a GCMS notes to see why there is no progress after passing the Citizenship test.

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021

Several of us have been in this situation - although many people don't get invited for the test until after background check is complete, others get the test first. I did. It was 4-5 months after my test was done before background was completed. IRCC don't do the background check themselves so I decided to see it as a positive that they didn't think they were wasting their time having me do the test before confirming background/prohibitions! I did get my GCMS notes and they told me absolutely nothing, from which I take it that there was no 'reason' for the order, just background took a while

All to say: I wouldn't stress about the order being a little out of the ordinary. Be happy you've done your part and sit back to wait for IRCC, RCMP & all other acronyms to do theirs...

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Several of us have been in this situation - although many people don't get invited for the test until after background check is complete, others get the test first. I did. It was 4-5 months after my test was done before background was completed. IRCC don't do the background check themselves so I decided to see it as a positive that they didn't think they were wasting their time having me do the test before confirming background/prohibitions! I did get my GCMS notes and they told me absolutely nothing, from which I take it that there was no 'reason' for the order, just background took a while

All to say: I wouldn't stress about the order being a little out of the ordinary. Be happy you've done your part and sit back to wait for IRCC, RCMP & all other acronyms to do theirs...
Did they request for fingerprints or passport copies in your case? I haven’t been requested anything yet

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014

I did my test in April 2021 , my background check completed in November 2021, I am a 2019 applicant, but the OP's issue is unique, I hope this thing doesn't start a trend where applications start falling back to In process because of the delays in inviting people for Oath ceremony,

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I did my test in April 2021 , my background check completed in November 2021, I am a 2019 applicant, but the OP's issue is unique, I hope this thing doesn't start a trend where applications start falling back to In process because of the delays in inviting people for Oath ceremony,
Did they request fingerprint or passport copies? In my case nothing has been requested

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Did they request fingerprint or passport copies? In my case nothing has been requested
In my case they did request Fingerprints twice because apparently the masterminds in IRCC cannot store fingerprints in database when it is clearly collected in a digital format.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
That doesn’t sound likely. My ATIP report showed that security checks were expired before physical presence was completed. However there was an entry on the same day as DM for the security checks, passed & updated. So it probably does not take long to update those two critical elements. Test & language of course don’t really matter once passed.