+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help - Conventional refugee

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi everyone I’m in the same boat I would like to give up my refugee status and go home how can I do this?
Because they not stupid moment you got protected person status now u suddenly gave safe in your home country I am pretty sure not let you come back once you visit your home country .

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hi again,
Your guidance was so helpful. I went there immediately after reading your answer. I told my case to the lady , she gave me a letter to bring it back next week with other documents and a flight ticket. Can I make my flight immediately after my appointment? the letter doesn't sate anything. Or should I make my flight day at least one week after my next appointment. She only told me to return with the letter and flight ticket.

Thank you
Hi, Could you please tell me which document they want and how to apply? i also need to withdrawal my protected person status ( i have my nod. and return to my country urgently. I will go back permanently. Please share details process.

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Please share details process. Which documents i need and ticket date. To whom i contact. I want to go back my country and withdraw my protected person status. my mother passed away few days ago and my father also sick. I don't want to stay here anymore.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Please share details process. Which documents i need and ticket date. To whom i contact. I want to go back my country and withdraw my protected person status. my mother passed away few days ago and my father also sick. I don't want to stay here anymore.
You can leave anytime back to your country. All you need is your passport and ticket. If passport is still seized, request to be returned back to you. If you have PR application in progress, you can cancel it and notify IRCC of your voluntary leaving back to country of origin if you choose to do so

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Thank you for your response. Please kindly tell me to whom i should contact. Also my passport validity till 24 february 2024 and they have my passport. yes i applied pr. but due to my father sickness and my mother passed away few days ago. I want to go back urgently

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for your response. Please kindly tell me to whom i should contact. Also my passport validity till 24 february 2024 and they have my passport. yes i applied pr. but due to my father sickness and my mother passed away few days ago. I want to go back urgently
There's nothing urgent in your situation. If your passport is expiring soon, and you cant get it by expiry date you can request your embassy to issue one-way travel authorization. Which Country are you from?

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
I am from Bangladesh. I heard i need to go ircc office directly. I need contact information for processing please

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I am from Bangladesh. I heard i need to go ircc office directly. I need contact information for processing please
Im sorry for your loss and hope you can see your family soon.
I would go to the office that seized your passport and explain your situation. Was it CBSA or an IRCC office? Use the search option in this forum to see what others have done as each city/province is different.
Good luck!

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Im sorry for your loss and hope you can see your family soon.
I would go to the office that seized your passport and explain your situation. Was it CBSA or an IRCC office? Use the search option in this forum to see what others have done as each city/province is different.
Good luck!
hi, Ircc office seized. I got my my nod may 2023. my passport will expire 24 february. I couldn't find any specific office to contact. please help me with information

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
hi, Ircc office seized. I got my my nod may 2023. my passport will expire 24 february. I couldn't find any specific office to contact. please help me with information
which ircc office? I would google the ircc office that siezed your passport and go there.
but I would also consider what @Simba112 said about going to the Bangladeshi Embassy

"... you can request your embassy to issue one-way travel authorization..."