+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP!Can't upload IMM5710 for application for Post graduation work permit!

Stupindo

Mar 30, 2013
Hey,
another update:
Tried that 5 minutes ago and still no luck. :(
Please notice, it is not only about IMM5710. I suppose the whole service is down. I am trying to upload IMM5257 for Visitor Visa application.

P.S. I afraid it may last till the Tuesday because Monday is off day in government institutions...

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
But note that you can upload other documents, e.g. copies of passport, proof of means of support, etc. So, it is not the whole service that is down, only specifically something to do with the validation of the form.

yinlingai

Mar 29, 2013
sonofjon said:
OK, thanks for posting back. Did they acknowledge that there is a problem with the system?
I didn't see that. But there definitely is a problem since they use the new system.

yinlingai

Mar 29, 2013
sonofjon said:
But note that you can upload other documents, e.g. copies of passport, proof of means of support, etc. So, it is not the whole service that is down, only specifically something to do with the validation of the form.
I noticed that, but without uploading the IMM5710, I can't proceed to the next step.

I just paid another $200 for restoration of my status. :mad:

kevinbian

Mar 30, 2013
yinlingai said:
I noticed that, but without uploading the IMM5710, I can't proceed to the next step.

I just paid another $200 for restoration of my status. :mad:
Feel bad for you! My SP will be expired on March 31. I am gonna wait for 10 hrs until noon, see if it works then.
If not, I will go with the paper application. At least sent the applicaiton files out before expired.

Update:
Tried 2 mins ago, still does not work...

Purba

Mar 30, 2013
Hi Kevin,

My study permit will expire on March 31st as well. I dont see a point in sending out a paper application as it will not really reach them before the deadline. I do, however, believe that we should tell them about the technical problem for clearly its not our fault that we failed to submit the application on time but CIC's for having a shitty server. Also Yinglingai, did you already submit a restoration of status application because I dont think you really need to as you have a case here that clearly demonstrates that you tried every means to submit the application ontime but failed because of the server problem. I believe its a server issue because so many of us are having a problem. I tried to upload the IMM5710 form many times and even redid the entire process but its simply not validating the form. Its clearly a error on their part as the message even read that "WE are unable to validate the form at this time." So honestly, I dont think we should be worrying too much as long as we are able to demonstrate the problem. I will definitely be making reference to this forum when I speak to an agent on Monday or Tuesday. Also, I called the GCkey Helpdesk and the agent was forthcoming about the problem and explained that there had been a number of calls regarding this issue. He gave me a reference number in case I need to show evidence that there was clearly an issue with the server and called government of Canada to resolve the issue. I hope this helps and gets rid of some of your headaches ;D

kevinbian

Mar 30, 2013
Purba said:
Hi Kevin,

My study permit will expire on March 31st as well. I dont see a point in sending out a paper application as it will not really reach them before the deadline. I do, however, believe that we should tell them about the technical problem for clearly its not our fault that we failed to submit the application on time but CIC's for having a *censored word*ty server. Also Yinglingai, did you already submit a restoration of status application because I dont think you really need to as you have a case here that clearly demonstrates that you tried every means to submit the application ontime but failed because of the server problem. I believe its a server issue because so many of us are having a problem. I tried to upload the IMM5710 form many times and even redid the entire process but its simply not validating the form. Its clearly a error on their part as the message even read that "WE are unable to validate the form at this time." So honestly, I dont think we should be worrying too much as long as we are able to demonstrate the problem. I will definitely be making reference to this forum when I speak to an agent on Monday or Tuesday. Also, I called the GCkey Helpdesk and the agent was forthcoming about the problem and explained that there had been a number of calls regarding this issue. He gave me a reference number in case I need to show evidence that there was clearly an issue with the server and called government of Canada to resolve the issue. I hope this helps and gets rid of some of your headaches ;D
Hello Purba,

Thanks a lot for the sharing! :)
I know paper applicaiton will not reach them before the deadline. However, I've been told that the date of local post office receives my package is the date CIC considers the application made. Therefore, as long as I sent it out today, it will be considered acceptable.
Besides, I do not believe that CIC will be generous on this issue, even though they may admit their systerm problem. Because they still leave us "paper application" to avoide expire. So..I probably go with the paper application, if nothing happens until noon.
The only concern is it will take a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy long time to wait for a paper applicaiton!
Almost exhausted...

yinlingai

Mar 29, 2013
Purba said:
Hi Kevin,

My study permit will expire on March 31st as well. I dont see a point in sending out a paper application as it will not really reach them before the deadline. I do, however, believe that we should tell them about the technical problem for clearly its not our fault that we failed to submit the application on time but CIC's for having a *censored word*ty server. Also Yinglingai, did you already submit a restoration of status application because I dont think you really need to as you have a case here that clearly demonstrates that you tried every means to submit the application ontime but failed because of the server problem. I believe its a server issue because so many of us are having a problem. I tried to upload the IMM5710 form many times and even redid the entire process but its simply not validating the form. Its clearly a error on their part as the message even read that "WE are unable to validate the form at this time." So honestly, I dont think we should be worrying too much as long as we are able to demonstrate the problem. I will definitely be making reference to this forum when I speak to an agent on Monday or Tuesday. Also, I called the GCkey Helpdesk and the agent was forthcoming about the problem and explained that there had been a number of calls regarding this issue. He gave me a reference number in case I need to show evidence that there was clearly an issue with the server and called government of Canada to resolve the issue. I hope this helps and gets rid of some of your headaches ;D
I understand that, and actually I do feel a relief when I see soooo many people have the same problem indicating it is not me but the server should be responsible. But my status has expired which the system just indicated and told me to pay another 200. I'm not willing to but have to do so. Since there is no evidence of the system getting better I can't give it a risk and I don't want to have more trouble in the future to prolong my application time. Just my friend told me to pay the restoration fee is a safer way,if they don't see the need they will return the money. But sure I will argue and try to get my money back. Thanks for opinion.

arzbri

Mar 30, 2013
This is not an error. Here in Canada government and offices look NICE on FACE but they are a**holes in reality... they smile you on face but f*** you nicely...

Now their online system is full,,, and due to their policy they have to accept a limited numbers of applications at once... They do not want to say this to you, at the same time they do not want to say this is a system error... then simple they give you a political answer: at this time we are unable to validate...!!!
Now did you understand what I mean?
They do not care about you, your time, and etc. If you one day come to Canada, you will here this term almost everyday from many people: "I don't care"...
So be patient and wait... you cannot do anything now...

arzbri

Mar 30, 2013
This is not an error. Here in Canada government and offices look NICE on FACE but they are a**holes in reality... they smile you on face but f*** you nicely...

Now their online system is full,,, and due to their policy they have to accept a limited numbers of applications at once... They do not want to say this to you, at the same time they do not want to say this is a system error... then simple they give you a political answer: at this time we are unable to validate...!!!
Now did you understand what I mean?
They do not care about you, your time, and etc. If you one day come to Canada, you will here this term almost everyday from many people: "I don't care"...
So be patient and wait... you cannot do anything now...

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
kevinbian said:
I know paper applicaiton will not reach them before the deadline. However, I've been told that the date of local post office receives my package is the date CIC considers the application made.
I have been told this by CIC hot-line too.

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
kevinbian said:
Besides, I do not believe that CIC will be generous on this issue, even though they may admit their systerm problem.
I am of the same opinion. I've never had the impression CIC is flexible in any way around their rules. I expect they'll say it's unfortunate, but that we should have used the the mail option if we wanted to avoid becoming illegal in the country and having to pay the restoration fee. They might apologize, but I expect to hear there is nothing they can do. They might refund fees, but we are stuck with having to wait for the time consuming mail route processing time. This is frustrating cause it will ruin my summer plans.

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
Purba said:
Also, I called the GCkey Helpdesk and the agent was forthcoming about the problem and explained that there had been a number of calls regarding this issue. He gave me a reference number in case I need to show evidence that there was clearly an issue with the server and called government of Canada to resolve the issue.
Hi Purba, can you share the reference number with us here. It will be useful for all of us. Thanks.

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
yinlingai said:
But my status has expired which the system just indicated and told me to pay another 200.
Just curious, what's the expiry date on your permit? I'd like to know how this works so I can make sure to avoid the system forcing me to pay the $200. I thought you said your expiry date was today (March 30), and I thought one would be able to send the application (without restoration fees) until (and including) the date printed on the permit. Mine says March 31 and I am hoping the system won't force me to pay $200 if I use the system on March 31. Did you permit say March 29? Thanks.