+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help: Canceling representative

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hi,

I had paid a consultant to seek help with Canadian immigration process. They helped me initially until I got my ITA in Jan. But then I realized that I can do the rest by myself instead of wasting money on them. I had only paid initial amount (until ITA). My profile and job bank was created by the consultant, but they also gave me all the login details and security questions/answers, which I have now changed. I also changed the contact details and changed the option in the Representative section to 'No'. Is there anything else I need to do to completely get rid of them from the application process? I mean I dont want to leave any traces in the PR application where it would revert back to the consultant. Is there any form i need to fill to cancel the representative? I haven't sent my eAPR yet but I am going to do that in next week or so.

Thanks!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Change the email address to your own. If their address is on it, uncheck the notifications box as they will get your notifications.

malican

May 24, 2016
Tatya_Vinchu said:
Hi,

I had paid a consultant to seek help with Canadian immigration process. They helped me initially until I got my ITA in Jan. But then I realized that I can do the rest by myself instead of wasting money on them. I had only paid initial amount (until ITA). My profile and job bank was created by the consultant, but they also gave me all the login details and security questions/answers, which I have now changed. I also changed the contact details and changed the option in the Representative section to 'No'. Is there anything else I need to do to completely get rid of them from the application process? I mean I dont want to leave any traces in the PR application where it would revert back to the consultant. Is there any form i need to fill to cancel the representative? I haven't sent my eAPR yet but I am going to do that in next week or so.

Thanks!
Also when you are submitting your application just ensure to not sign the use of representative form and not check the I am using representative box.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
xpressentry said:
Change the email address to your own. If their address is on it, uncheck the notifications box as they will get your notifications.
Actually I am worried about this one. I had changed the email address to mine even before receiving the ITA but my ITA letter has representative email address mentioned on it although I got the ITA email sent to my email id. Not sure if it got updated in the system or if there is another section where I have to update contact details.

Also where exactly is this notification box? What i can see in the email address section is just a textfield.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
malican said:
Also when you are submitting your application just ensure to not sign the use of representative form and not check the I am using representative box.
Will I be prompted for the representative form and the checkbox at the time of submission? I am still on the upload documents page.