+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help! Business Immigration Or some other way?

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
Hi,

I have seen a large number of great forum members giving their valuable feedback.. I was wondering if anyone could help me decide which visa/way would be best for me?

I am planning to relocate to Canada from India with family Me + 4 (Wife, 4 year old kid. Mother and Sister)

I am self employed and I work as a web designer (have my own web design/development firm).. for past 10 years

Can I apply for the Quebec Quebec Business Immigration - Self-Employed Or should I go some other way? I only want to relocate with family.. and not alone and than later call them..

As far as funds are concerned I also have sufficient funds for the

Quebec Business Immigration - Self-Employed Program (Which requires net worth of at least CAD$100,000)

and also for the

Quebec Entrepreneur Program: (which requires net worth of at least CAD$300,000)

Besides this.. Can someone also help me which is the fastest way to get a PR Visa? Business? Or Quebec Skilled worker program?

Many Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no Canadian immigration program that will allow you to relocate with your mother and sister. You can include your wife in your application - but not your mother and sister. Are you willing to relocate with your wife only and leave your mother and sister behind in your home country? If not, then you will need to cross Canada off your list.

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
scylla said:
There is no Canadian immigration program that will allow you to relocate with your mother and sister. You can include your wife in your application - but not your mother and sister. Are you willing to relocate with your wife only and leave your mother and sister behind in your home country? If not, then you will need to cross Canada off your list.
Hey scylla.. Thanks for the response.. I was actually hoping u would respond to this thread since I had seen you have contributed to a lot of the other threads/posts...

OK.. I can sponsor my mother later i guess.. My sister can apply on her own for a job prolly.. If that's the case.. what would be the fastest possible route to take? I have read several threads and I now believe the Quebec Business Visa Programs have several years processing period.. is that correct?

What would be the best route to take? I also know quite a few people in Canada.. I have a few good Clients of mine with whom I share a good relationship and they can help me.. What should I ask from them? A Job/Offer letter? I also have a relative in Ontario...

Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated! Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will be able to sponsor your mother later (likely four years after you become a PR). You will not be able to sponsor your sister later. If your sister wants to immigrate to Canada, she will have to qualify on her own.

Yes - the business immigration streams tend to take many years.

A job offer letter won't get you anywhere. If you want to immigrate via a job offer, you will need to find an employer in Canada who is wiling to offer you a full time permanent job and who is also able to obtain an approved LMIA (this requires your employer to advertise the job and prove no Canadian could be found for the role).

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
scylla said:
You will be able to sponsor your mother later (likely four years after you become a PR). You will not be able to sponsor your sister later. If your sister wants to immigrate to Canada, she will have to qualify on her own.

Yes - the business immigration streams tend to take many years.

A job offer letter won't get you anywhere. If you want to immigrate via a job offer, you will need to find an employer in Canada who is wiling to offer you a full time permanent job and who is also able to obtain an approved LMIA (this requires your employer to advertise the job and prove no Canadian could be found for the role).
Ok... Thanks for clearing all that up much appreciated! :)

Happy007

May 20, 2016
Is it not speedy to come with skill category as you are IT professional? I think taking job in USA in IT sector may speed up for USA immigration. Check that possibility also if you wish!!

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
Happy007 said:
Is it not speedy to come with skill category as you are IT professional? I think taking job in USA in IT sector may speed up for USA immigration. Check that possibility also if you wish!!
Thanks for the response bro! I am not sure.. So I thought I would ask for opinion here.. I have been in graphics design and web development for 10+ years now and it has been all freelance work for clients from the US, UK and Canada.. I have several clients from Canada and the US who are ready to help.. But I am not sure what to ask.. I am more keen on relocating to Canada.. Also since it has been freelance work.. I haven't done a job will that work under the skilled category? Or they only want people who have had a proper job? What documents can I submit?

Your help and comments are much appreciated!

PeterKroll

May 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most secure and fastest way will be find a job get an offer and based on that come to Canada, thats the best, because you can come to Canada and start your paper work and you have income coming in
Goodluck

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
PeterKroll said:
Most secure and fastest way will be find a job get an offer and based on that come to Canada, thats the best, because you can come to Canada and start your paper work and you have income coming in
Goodluck
Thanks! I have friends and clients in Canada.. How can they help? With the Job offer? What can I ask from them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CaCalling said:
Thanks! I have friends and clients in Canada.. How can they help? With the Job offer? What can I ask from them?
Your question was previously answered. A job offer will get you nowhere. The employer in Canada has to provide you with a job offer and also an approved LMIA. The job offer is the easy part. The LMIA is a great deal more difficult to obtain.

Happy007

May 20, 2016
CaCalling said:
Thanks for the response bro! I am not sure.. So I thought I would ask for opinion here.. I have been in graphics design and web development for 10+ years now and it has been all freelance work for clients from the US, UK and Canada.. I have several clients from Canada and the US who are ready to help.. But I am not sure what to ask.. I am more keen on relocating to Canada.. Also since it has been freelance work.. I haven't done a job will that work under the skilled category? Or they only want people who have had a proper job? What documents can I submit?

Your help and comments are much appreciated!
For skill category or express entry, please collect information from CIC websites and also get valuable information from other related threads. If you plan carefully you will surely find some ways to get immigration in Canada.
Good luck!

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
Happy007 said:
For skill category or express entry, please collect information from CIC websites and also get valuable information from other related threads. If you plan carefully you will surely find some ways to get immigration in Canada.
Good luck!
Thanks for he response ... Since I have been self employed for 10+ years Can i apply for Skilled Category?

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
go for skilled categorie u have gud record in that i have heard who score 8 bands in listening there file processing became fast then others

CaCalling

May 17, 2016
nawabsaab said:
go for skilled categorie u have gud record in that i have heard who score 8 bands in listening there file processing became fast then others
Hey Nawabsaab :) Thanks for your response bro... Hope you're having a great time in Canada!

I am still confused about the part regarding my Freelancing/Self Employed Experience.. Can you or someone clear this up? Coz on the CIC website under the Express Entry for skilled workers it says "You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week."

So since I have not been employed by an employer but self employed for past 11 plus years does this count as employment? Or am I not eligible?

Thanks a Lot in advance!

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010
Hi

I am from India too and I have applied under Quebec Investor Category in March 2015. Quebec investor program is the fastest you can relocate to Canada and that too will take anytime between 48 and 60 months.

Regards