+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP ASAP. Restoration delayed and need to apply for study permit..PLZ HELP

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Hi guys,

I had posted something similar a few months ago but I am giving it another shot. I had to apply to restore my status as a visitor as at the time I did not have the acceptance letter to start my masters. I sent my application in January and I have not heard back concerning the restoration, I had called today and they told me they are now processing Dec 8th applications and processing time is 114 days. This has sent me into a tail spin because by the time they get to my application it would be June then I had lets say 3 months for processing or even less and this may not leave me with enough time to get a study permit to start school in september. I am aware you can not apply for a study permit if you do not have status in Canada. (Update: an MP contacted immigration to check the status of my application and they have not gotten round to it yet but they mentioned when they do it may take 4 months to process it) :'( :'(

I have a representative that has suggested i just go ahead and apply for the study permit but there is a possibility they may call me for an interview in the states and if I leave and my restoration of status has not been processed this leaves me in a sticky situation, she thought it would be an idea that if they do I just don't go but that looks bad on my immigration file and if I go to apply for another one I would have to explain myself.

Does anyone have any insight? Should I go ahead and apply and include a LOE stating why I applied to restore as a visitor (as at the time I was nearing the deadline and had not received the letter of acceptance)

Please please please, let me know because I have to decide whether to send the study permit by the end of this month.

Thank you

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

HoPe90 said:
Hi guys,

I had posted something similar a few months ago but I am giving it another shot. I had to apply to restore my status as a visitor as at the time I did not have the acceptance letter to start my masters. I sent my application in January and I have not heard back concerning the restoration, I had called today and they told me they are now processing Dec 8th applications and processing time is 114 days. This has sent me into a tail spin because by the time they get to my application it would be June then I had lets say 3 months for processing or even less and this may not leave me with enough time to get a study permit to start school in september. I am aware you can not apply for a study permit if you do not have status in Canada. (Update: an MP contacted immigration to check the status of my application and they have not gotten round to it yet but they mentioned when they do it may take 4 months to process it) :'( :'(

I have a representative that has suggested i just go ahead and apply for the study permit but there is a possibility they may call me for an interview in the states and if I leave and my restoration of status has not been processed this leaves me in a sticky situation, she thought it would be an idea that if they do I just don't go but that looks bad on my immigration file and if I go to apply for another one I would have to explain myself.

Does anyone have any insight? Should I go ahead and apply and include a LOE stating why I applied to restore as a visitor (as at the time I was nearing the deadline and had not received the letter of acceptance)

Please please please, let me know because I have to decide whether to send the study permit by the end of this month.

Thank you

1. Restoration takes more than 3 months so yours is on time.
2. You can apply for a new study permit provided you leave Canada since you don't have any status in Canada right now. Applying in land will lead to refusal.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
yeah but they saying that even when they do get to my application it may take up to 4 months extra. That's the issue I don't want to leave the country till my restoration has been processed and I don't want to risk and get a refusal on my file. I guess I will just have to wait till the end of May and see if I get a response and hopefully if so I can apply for the study permit.