+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help applying for EXTENDED STAY ON MAY 3rd

Nanom

Sep 14, 2012
Heyy!
well i need to apply for an extended stay,on the form it asks you the reason of wanting to stay well my reason is i am pregnant and i want to stay here with my husband and give birth here my due dates October 21st, i dont want to be separated from my husband as its our first child, And i have private health insurance that covers my birth. My question is should i say that thats the reason? I mean would they deny me and make me go back to the states and give birth =/ What did you guys put down how should i word it sorry i am just stressed! I need to know if anone has ever been denied to stay more and for what reason where you denied? ??? ::) :eek:

Pregnancy isnt helping with the anxiety LOL

Wish to here something from Ottawa papers are still there!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey,

just explain what you explain here. You have applied for PR, but you wish to stay with your husband and wait it out in Canada. You're pregnant but you have a private health insurance that will cover the costs. Then add proofs of all of that : PR fee paid ( or sponsorship approval if you have it), letter from your doctor with the due date, and proof of private health insurance (hope you're covered indeed, a lot of insurance don't cover pregnancy).

You could also not disclose the fact that you're pregnant, and just say that you want to wait out the process in Canada, and you have applied for PR. proofs of that + proofs that your husband can support you (if that's the case), with pay stubs.

There are very few reasons why it would be denied, so don't worry about it too much.
It's a bit "late" to apply as normally extensions shoudl be done 30 days in advance, but that's a not a reason to be denied. and as soon as you send your request for extension, you can stay in Canada under "implied status", until you hear back from CIC about your extension. If it's positive - which will be the case most likely - then you can stay. If you're denied ( very unlikely), you can exit to the US, and come back a bit later.

Good luck,
Sweden