+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help applying for BC PNP

mikey_c_9

Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

We are new to this message board, and can't seem to find anything on this. (please post links if I have missed anything related to this)

After seeing multiple Lawyer's we have realised we are not going to be able to afford $7000 in lawyer fees to employ one to look after our BC PNP application.

Can my spouse and I apply without using a lawyer? - is that a wise idea?

Does anyone have past experience with doing it that way?

I wish I had the spare cash to let a lawyer do it all, but seeing as I can't afford it I would rather do the hard work myself.

We have done our research and have worked out it would be best to apply via her.

Here's our story:

Currently both on 12-month open working holiday visa's from UK. Both over 25 and under 30, engaged and been together for 7 years.

She is currently working as a "Customer Service Manager - retail" (NOC - 0621 Retail Trade Managers), for a big furniture company. The company want's to keep her, and my company wants to keep me (small web design company - too small to meet BC PNP criteria). Her company have started putting out job adverts in preparation, and have just given her a pay-rise to bump her just over the average for that NOC type. We have 5-6 months left on our current visa's.

She has a 2-year college diploma and I have a 3 year Bachelors degree. She has 6 years full-time work experience, I have 4.

If anyone can offer any information, tips, recommend cheap lawyers, anything, then your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Mike & Stacey

a_p13

Star Member
Mar 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THE SKILL LEVEL SHOULD BE EITHER 0 ,A OR B TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PNP APPLICATION.,

YOUR WIFE CANT APPLY FOR PNP THROUGH THAT POSITON. SO JUST CHECK FROM GOOGLE "NOC LIST 2010 CANADA", AND THEN YOU CAN FIND OUT WHICH POSITION YOUR WIFE CAN APPLY THROUGH.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO ,IS TO FIND A CLOSER POSITION WHICH IS SKILL 0, A OR B AND TELL YOUR COMPANY TO SHOW YOU OR YOUR WIFE ON THAT POSITION.

AS YOU SAY, YOU GUYS HAVE ENOUGH EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION. YOU SHOULD PROVE YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE WITH REFERENCE LETTER OF YOUR FORMER COMPANY.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY FOR THE LAWYER. JUST STUCK ON THE WEB COUPLE HOURS , READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE YOUR APPLICATION BY YOUR SELF . ITS EASY .

GOOD LUCK

mikey_c_9

Jun 30, 2010
www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0621

NOC - 0621 Retail Trade Managers is classed as skill level 0 - so that should be OK, right?

We also have reference letters etc, so can prove the experience with no troubles.

Thank you for your reply i will read on how to apply ourselves.

mikey_c_9

Jun 30, 2010
hmmmmm so now I am a little paranoid that we cannot apply via BC PNP due to the NOC title.

Can anyone confirm that 0621 (Retail Trade Managers) is NOT eligible when applying for BC PNP??

I was told in our 300 dollar consultation (lasted 20-25 minutes) by an EXPENSIVE lawyer that we could apply via my partner under that NOC title.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
mikey_c_9 said:
hmmmmm so now I am a little paranoid that we cannot apply via BC PNP due to the NOC title.

Can anyone confirm that 0621 (Retail Trade Managers) is NOT eligible when applying for BC PNP??

I was told in our 300 dollar consultation (lasted 20-25 minutes) by an EXPENSIVE lawyer that we could apply via my partner under that NOC title.
I can only tell you what I know personally. A Mexican lady at work has just had an approval of her BC PNP as a retail manager.

As far as I can tell, your girlfriend should be fine for a PNP approval. Start the process and go a head. By the way, a lawyer probably would not help you at all in this application, this is mostly about how the Employer puts their case together.

mikey_c_9

Jun 30, 2010
Ok, great. Thanks for your help.

We will go ahead and start the application process this week.

My partners employer have started putting job postings up and have upped her wage to just above the average for that NOC title.

The total cost including application fees came to 10k in a quote from one lawyer I had a consulation with. If we do it ourselves it's, what?, 1500-1800? Crazyness.

Fingers crossed, I think we have a strong case.