waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi guys
my name is mrs ongeri iam sponsoring my husband who lives kenya @ moment as he said before we have only 25 pics which is our weddning photos and a dvd
we don't have any record about the hotels we used our honeymoon the resturents
i have my tickets go and back when i visited in kenya
i dont know whether this tickets
is usefull to proof that our relationship is genuine. iam pregnant
and i thought our unborn child is enough to show that we are in love and we commited our marriege
so help me out

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
send as much proofs as possible.. chatlongs, phonebills, cards, plane tickets, ultrasounds etc..

however, DO NOT SEND DVD, VIDEO, CD ETC.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Hi there, and first of all, I am sorry you are going through this stressful situation.

If you look to see your husbands last post, several people answered him as to how your situation looks. I suggest you go there and read all the responses.

Yes, your tickets are proof, but your baby is not. :( With only one trip and 25 photos of your wedding, you will have an extremely hard time getting approved in Nairobi. If you apply now, likely you will be in a queue for a year and then get rejected. It's best to spend the next 6 months communicating and collecting evidence, have the baby (and then do subsequent dna test when Canada requests it) so you can put in a substantial application.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Unfortunately, the unborn child doesn't show that you are in love. To be blunt, it just shows that you probably had sex once with someone, but it doesn't even prove who that someone was.

Do you have anything that shows development of your relationship before or after the wedding (especially before)? Cards? Letters? Telephone bills? They'd like something that shows that you have a continuing relationship and that you're not going to just get a divorce as soon as he's a permanent resident. Even letters from people you know could be useful evidence.

I

iarblue

Letters from the pastor that did your wedding,letters from people in offical postions helps.Like posted above,if you want it to go smoother wait till the baby is born,take another trip if you can afford it and take pictures like your working for vogue magazine.Pictures of everything,together,with family,friends,in church,etc.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
i can get latters from my friends and his too but what can of latters do they have to write us to show our relationship is genuine even my mum can write as and sign us as proof but i don't know which can of latters to write? affidavits or just normal latters?
we never used telephone bills because we always use calling cards because it's cheaper than phone bills so i have my calling cards and he's cards also so can we produce it as proof and include it in our supporting documents
please advice me this too
and thank you all for your reply

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
First, on the calling cards, that's a problem that a lot of people have. Usually it's not possible to find what numbers were called using the card so they're not really proof of anything. I heard someone saying that they had a card where the calling card company could provide a list of calls but that is not usual. You might try to contact them to see if that is possible.

For the letters, they should probably write how they know you, and for how long, and what they have seen that inidicates that you are a genuine loving couple in a continuing relationship. It's not technically necessary to have affidavits, but if you think there might be doubts, 2 affidavits could be helpful. I would get someone who has known you first, and someone who has known him first if you can. Your mother would probably be a good person to do one of those. The reason I say 2 is that they need 2 "statutory declarations" for a common-law/conjugal relationship for immigrants from the U.S., and there can be any number of letters of support. A "statutory declaration" is the technical name for what they would want, so that's what you should tell the commissioner of oaths or the notary.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
jma said:
i can get latters from my friends and his too but what can of latters do they have to write us to show our relationship is genuine even my mum can write as and sign us as proof but i don't know which can of latters to write? affidavits or just normal latters?
we never used telephone bills because we always use calling cards because it's cheaper than phone bills so i have my calling cards and he's cards also so can we produce it as proof and include it in our supporting documents
please advice me this too
and thank you all for your reply
if at all possible you should really go back and visit him, i know it will be expensive and stressful but i strongly believe that your application will be refused on the first try, if you really really really unable to travel then do your best to send as much proof as all have recommended,(keep in mind if you dont go visit for as long as you can before you send in your appl it will take alot longer and so will be financially more draing as well as emotionally over time) and start saving chats logs and periodically, call from a landline or a cell phone, but certainly send in the calling cards as proof with an explanation that it is less expensive, best of luck

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
jma said:
The problem is calling cards do not show who you were calling. In particular for you, since you have friends and relatives in Kenya you could have been calling. If that is all you have for phone evidence, keep all the cards, photocopy them, and send them with a letter stating you use phone cards to call each other because it is so much cheaper.
Frankly, if I were you, with so little evidence, I would use my landline starting now to call my husband, or find some other way to contact him that leaves a record. Even if it is more expensive. Waiting a long time for the interview, then being refused and waiting another year or two for the appeal, is even more expensive.