+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance on sending/receiving passports by courier

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if anyone relates to it but please read my query.

Me and my husband were in London when we had filed our case under MPNP stream. At present, we are in India and we are residents of this country. Now our process is at final stage. The London VO has requested for the passports on 21/10. Very happily, we went to Indian post office to courier our passports to London and we got a shock of our life. They said its illegal to send passports outside the country. Then we went to DHL and Fedex and both of them refused to send. Finally, DTDC agreed to send our passports on the basis of e-mail sent by the London VO and one authority letter that I gave to them. They had kept our parcel open so that the Customs can check it inside..means we didn't hide anything in any way.

By Gods grace, our passports have reached London VO on 4th Nov. The DTDC website clearly shows 'Delivered' status.

Now, I am worried what happens when London VO send our passports back to India. Is it legal to send the passports in India?? Has anyone received passports from any other country to India??

And how long does it take??

Please share if you have gone through this process.

Thanks a lot.
MPNP 22/12/11 Additional Doc 07/02/12 LOA 12/05/12 App sent to CIO 03/08/12 AOR 13/10 E-cas change App rcvd to In process 10/12/12 RPRF & med 13/12/12 (lost in the post) RPRF/Med again 27/03 Sent 04/04 Police cert again 27/06 Med rcvd ecas 13/07 Passport request 21/10

PakMaple

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,
I am from Pakistan and from Pakistan also it is illegal to send passport outside the country, so what we have to do is once we receive PPR (Passport Request) from UK, we have send an email to them saying that we can not send passport outside the country, in reply they send the new requirements, in which you have to send them the Photocopy of the Passport(s) and then they process your visa and send back the sticker of the visa to the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad, once they receive it they ask for your original passport and they paste that visa sticker on your passport. Don't know about India but may be this will apply to you as well.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Now I am in Canada and my visa office is New Delhi. I heard that we need to travel back to India for Passport Stamping.

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
I am in Canada too and awaiting PPR, which may come anytime and need to travel to India for the stamping. THis is the safest way. Other safe way is - if someone is traveling to India, you can send it thru them with an authorization letter. Some ppl do send via courier, but its risky.

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
Thanks everyone for replying back but my question is still unanswered. The problem in my case is that the London VO have already received our passports. Now do you all think there will be any problem for them to send the passports back to India?? Has anyone received passport from Visa Office from some other country than India?

Please help