+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance on pathways please help

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I am currently working in Ontario Canada - NOC 0 and in IT and my work experience in Canada is less than 1 year so I am not eligible for CEC

What can be the best way for me to get a PR - can I leverage my work permit to get A PR without waiting for an year ?

DOES any PNP gives extra points if you are working in Canada or is it same for everyone

MY CRS Score is 400 only so I am trying to see what can be the best way to get a PR

My employer won’t give a job offer so that’s not an option for me

Any expert guidance will be really appreciated

thanks

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently working in Ontario Canada and my work experience in Canada is less than 1 year so I am not eligible for CEC

What can be the best way for me to get a PR - can I leverage my work permit to get A PR without waiting for an year ?

DOES any PNP gives extra points if you are working in Canada or is it same for everyone

MY CRS Score is 400 only so I am trying to see what can be the best way to get a PR

thanks
Is your work experience NOC A, B or 0. You should wait for one year Canadian
I am currently working in Ontario Canada and my work experience in Canada is less than 1 year so I am not eligible for CEC

thanks
Look if eligible for OINP if you have Canadian education but believe you still need a job offer. What is your NOC? Ontario nominates for certain NOCs like IT and finance but your score is too low. You don't get extra points for working in the province now. Look at Alberta too. You don't get extra PNP points for working in Canada. You want to have your one-year Canadian experience in NOC A, B, or 0 to increase your CRS points.

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Is your work experience NOC A, B or 0. You should wait for one year Canadian

Look if eligible for OINP if you have Canadian education but believe you still need a job offer. What is your NOC? Ontario nominates for certain NOCs like IT and finance but your score is too low. You don't get extra points for working in the province now. Look at Alberta too. You don't get extra PNP points for working in Canada. You want to have your one-year Canadian experience in NOC A, B, or 0 to increase your CRS points.
thanks Yes my work experience is in NOC 0 and isi in IT
So you mean the only option to wait for 1 year and then try under CEC ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks Yes my work experience is in NOC 0 and isi in IT
So you mean the only option to wait for 1 year and then try under CEC ?
For OINP, only certain IT NOCs are drawn and you need over 455. You can look at the OINP draws. You can look at Alberta or Saskatchewan but having one year experience will increase your score.

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
For OINP, only certain IT NOCs are drawn and you need over 455. You can look at the OINP draws. You can look at Alberta or Saskatchewan but having one year experience will increase your score.
Thanks appreciate the help

Moonwillow

Nov 27, 2019
Hi All,
I applied for super visa for my mom as at then she had just 1 year and few months to the expiration of her passport.

She was granted visa up to the expiration of her passport
She came to Canada and returned but later came back to Canada one month to the expiration of the visa but then she already got her passport renewed.
I immediately requested for an extension and she was granted 6 months extension but not a visa but a brown paper.

Now, I am wondering should I request for a new super visa or a further extension?

Thank you.
I will appreciate all inputs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,
I applied for super visa for my mom as at then she had just 1 year and few months to the expiration of her passport.

She was granted visa up to the expiration of her passport
She came to Canada and returned but later came back to Canada one month to the expiration of the visa but then she already got her passport renewed.
I immediately requested for an extension and she was granted 6 months extension but not a visa but a brown paper.

Now, I am wondering should I request for a new super visa or a further extension?

Thank you.
I will appreciate all inputs.
Sorry posting on a thread about CEC and PNPs, post in the visitor section.