+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance on ECA for Pharmacy

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
Hello Friends

I am the principal applicant and i have completed my B.Pharm & M.Pharm in Bangladesh. I am also registered by the Bangladesh Pharmacy Council and has been issued a license.

However i am currently working in a Pharmaceutical company as an Officer, Manufacturing, Science & Technology which seems to be categorized under industrial pharmacist in the NOC:3131 definition in CIC website. My past experiences are also part of Industrial Pharmacy as i worked as Quality Control Officer in one company & Skill Development Executive in another company. Now my questions are as follows:

1. Do i have to do my ECA from PEBC being the principal applicant or i can go with WES for my degrees? (given that i dont intend to work in the community or clinical pharmacy and my current job experience)

2. is getting ECA done from PEBC will i get more points for my degrees compared to completing ECA from WES to qualify under FSW?

3. Do i get more point in CRS as well if ECA done from PEBC?

4. If i Do my ECA from WES will it accepted under the NOC:3131?

5. My wife is also a B.Pharm and M.Pharm from the same university? Will i get points in CRS if i get her ECA from WES?

6. My wife has his brother living in Canada as Citizen, will we get points in CRS?

i will highly appreciate folks if you can guide me on this.

Thank You

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss_ustc said:
Hello Friends

I am the principal applicant and i have completed my B.Pharm & M.Pharm in Bangladesh. I am also registered by the Bangladesh Pharmacy Council and has been issued a license.

However i am currently working in a Pharmaceutical company as an Officer, Manufacturing, Science & Technology which seems to be categorized under industrial pharmacist in the NOC:3131 definition in CIC website. My past experiences are also part of Industrial Pharmacy as i worked as Quality Control Officer in one company & Skill Development Executive in another company. Now my questions are as follows:

1. Do i have to do my ECA from PEBC being the principal applicant or i can go with WES for my degrees? (given that i dont intend to work in the community or clinical pharmacy and my current job experience)
The CIC website says:
"as a pharmacist (NOC 3131):
-if you need a license to practice (for example, providing patient care in a community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long term care facility or
other practice settings) the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) must do your ECA,
- if you are in a position where you do not need a license (organizations such as the pharmaceutical industry and government which require a
pharmacy degree because of the education or skill set, but may not require a licence to practice pharmacy), you can have your credentials
assessed by one of the other designated ECA organizations. Contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live to find out if
you need a licence to practice your intended occupation."

2. is getting ECA done from PEBC will i get more points for my degrees compared to completing ECA from WES to qualify under FSW?
No.

3. Do i get more point in CRS as well if ECA done from PEBC?
No.

4. If i Do my ECA from WES will it accepted under the NOC:3131?
It depends.

5. My wife is also a B.Pharm and M.Pharm from the same university? Will i get points in CRS if i get her ECA from WES?
The same rules apply to her; if she needs a licence to practice, her degree must be assessed by PEBC.

6. My wife has his brother living in Canada as Citizen, will we get points in CRS?
No. You get points in the eligibility criteria for Canadian siblings; you do not get CRS points for them.

i will highly appreciate folks if you can guide me on this.

Thank You

Reactions: Sir KP

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
thank you so much Istari for your reply

as you said it depends whether CIC will accept my ECA from WES and award me points in FSW & CRS i actually have to go through PEBC. would appreciate if you can share more insights about your comment on this.

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
hello.
Could you make it more clear. If i have only bachelors of pharmacy, does eca from WES award me less points compared to PEBC? like many people say that if you get your eca from wes you have 21 points whereas if you get it from PEBC you get 23 points. If i get only 21 points, it makes me ineligible for FSW despite having 415+ CRS score.