+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Guidance on Citizenship Query

newg101

Aug 17, 2014
My Ecas is being updated since few days.Initially it was about the Citizenship test which will be in september,n then after few days there was again an update on Ecas regarding my Oath which will held on same day of test.So The Oath and test will be on same day.My query is :

1.I have been outside of Canada since 10 months,I did call CIC last year when I was in Canada and told the agent formally that I mght travel to my Home Country but did not confirm anything.Agent told me to update CIC once I leave Canada,but I did not update CIC as I had to travel in Urgency because of some family problems back home,
Now since they have sent me invitation for both test and oath,what are the chances that I will be given RQ?

2.Is there still any chance that I will be RQed even though I have invitation for both test and oath?

3.What are the Preparations or documentation I should do to avoid any RQ and make it to the Oath Ceremony?

4.I also go married during these 10 months of stay back home,unfortunately its ended in Divorce,My divorce is yet to be finalized by Government Union Council ,I will be issued the Confirmation Certificate of Divorce in December,I think and also have been told by lawyers that legally we r still husband and wife although I have sent her divorce deed in August,so if CIC Officer ask me about my Marital Status,should I just say I am married or Divorced? the thing is Changing anything at this time will create some confusion and I dont wanna do that since I am so very near to Oath.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newg101 said:
My Ecas is being updated since few days.Initially it was about the Citizenship test which will be in september,n then after few days there was again an update on Ecas regarding my Oath which will held on same day of test.So The Oath and test will be on same day.My query is :

1.I have been outside of Canada since 10 months,I did call CIC last year when I was in Canada and told the agent formally that I mght travel to my Home Country but did not confirm anything.Agent told me to update CIC once I leave Canada,but I did not update CIC as I had to travel in Urgency because of some family problems back home,
Now since they have sent me invitation for both test and oath,what are the chances that I will be given RQ?

2.Is there still any chance that I will be RQed even though I have invitation for both test and oath?

3.What are the Preparations or documentation I should do to avoid any RQ and make it to the Oath Ceremony?

4.I also go married during these 10 months of stay back home,unfortunately its ended in Divorce,My divorce is yet to be finalized by Government Union Council ,I will be issued the Confirmation Certificate of Divorce in December,I think and also have been told by lawyers that legally we r still husband and wife although I have sent her divorce deed in August,so if CIC Officer ask me about my Marital Status,should I just say I am married or Divorced? the thing is Changing anything at this time will create some confusion and I dont wanna do that since I am so very near to Oath.
The risk of getting RQ exist as long as you did not take your oath yet. Even after taking the test and everything seems fine-to you- the agent can decide to send RQ.
3- Take with you any document related to your case. Passports, tickets, NOA T4's....
4-Be prepared to answer this question. WHY DID YOU LEAVE CANADA FOR SUCH A LONG TIME ?
If you can have a doc to prove a family member was sick. hospitalised that'll help.
Another question the may ask: Your marital status has changed and you did not inform CIC. Why?
If it is possible, try not to tell them anything about your marriage/ divorce.

Cosmique

Jun 13, 2012
Query for the citizenship applicaiton regarding marital status

Hello,

I am now eligible to submit the application for the citizenship. In 2015 November I married my ex-boyfriend in Colombia, submitted the sponsorship request, got accepted to sponsor him and in June we noticed thing did not work out between be and him (being in a long distance for too long) and decided to get divorce (effective August 2016). He NEVER became a permanent resident and NEVER came to Canada.

In the form CIT 0002 to apply for the citizenship, under Marital Status, should I leave it as "Never Marred"? Or divorced even though it was just valid in Colombia?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Cheers,

Juanita

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Query for the citizenship applicaiton regarding marital status

Cosmique said:
Hello,

I am now eligible to submit the application for the citizenship. In 2015 November I married my ex-boyfriend in Colombia, submitted the sponsorship request, got accepted to sponsor him and in June we noticed thing did not work out between be and him (being in a long distance for too long) and decided to get divorce (effective August 2016). He NEVER became a permanent resident and NEVER came to Canada.

In the form CIT 0002 to apply for the citizenship, under Marital Status, should I leave it as "Never Marred"? Or divorced even though it was just valid in Colombia?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Cheers,

Juanita
Your marriage is also valid in Canada so yes would enter your marital status as divorced.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
if you do test and pass it, oath same day that means file looks good.
Do not volunteer any additional info to them.
Should be good.

Cosmique

Jun 13, 2012
Re: Query for the citizenship applicaiton regarding marital status

Rigly68 said:
Your marriage is also valid in Canada so yes would enter your marital status as divorced.
Should I submit any support documentation showing the divorce? In my country it will only show in my birth certificate as "divorced" snd in such case I guess it should be translated.

Please advise.