+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Experts Help. Accidentally mistakenly wrote the wrong personal history for my son

Darius666

Oct 23, 2020
Hello Guys
Sorry. It's a long paragraph.
I don't my son hate me forever, pls kindly answer my question and advice me on what to do
My agent accidentally mistakenly wrote the wrong personal history about my son in the file imm5669e who is over 22 years when I submitted permanent residence paper-based after getting the provincial nomination in early 2020.
My son is 26 now. He will not get PR with us. I submitted permanent residence for me, my wife, and my 10 years old daughter. I don't even think we need to write that form, but the agent told us to need to do that form for my son.
My son is a registered common law with his partner in the summer of 2019.
The first part of the wrong personal history is when he was 18 turning 19 he was helping me and his mother in our family business. We usually eat meals together every day. Well, in our culture we don't pay children money, helping families is what the children need to do. thus he never receives any payment from us or even paying taxes. It's a kind of life lesson for him. Eat with parents, watch and listen to what parents do business. He gradually knows his family was working hard for them. After 7-8 months he went to Canada for School. We mistakenly wrote that as employed in a family company for his personal history. But should be accounted for as unemployed after my son looks at the file months later. He is angry, and I am desperate now. He never mentions that kind of employed when applying study permit & PGWP. He will still not going to mention that. He never receives payment, never pay taxes, he lives with parents, goes to parents' workplace with parents. He believes It's definitely unemployed in that period. I don't know what to do now. Oh just wanna add that The family business is in the same city where we live.

The second part of the wrong personal history for my son is we thought he is still working in 2020 in Canada, however, he stopped working in the last quarter of 2019 in Canada. OMG, we wrote he is working from 2018 August to now. I think I totally screw up my son's personal history. But we write his study period correctly. He was unemployed after the last quarter of 2019. After that, he continues to live with his partner in the same city in Canada. And due to the pandemic, he is unable to back to his home country. He never left Canada in 2020.

He is going to apply for permanent residence with his partner this year or next year. He will submit his profile and his partners as well. His personal history will be complete and accurate. He will find an immigration lawyer to do their case. He will definitely write as unemployed in that period and write the correct time period of his working experience in his personal history. He is a better person who knows his personal history. As a parent, work drained my energy.

What do I do now? Pls advice&help. I think I destroyed their future application because now my son's personal history in my permanent residence application is different from his except his study experience is correct. Oh besides, I haven't received the file number yet for my application. I don't want him or me to get accused of misrepresentation or anything by IRCC. I don't want my son to hate me forever if they got refused because of our accidentally mistaken wrong personal history. I don't need to misrepresent my son's personal history to get PR, it's unnecessary and it's just accidentally mistaken. Moreover, my son is not a criminal and he doesn't affect my application. Now I feel guilty and sad for this human mistake.

The point is
How can we tell IRCC to change that document imm5669e for my son's personal history? Or tell them

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
I think the best you can do is to send a corrected version of the 'imm5669e' form about your son with a letter of explanation explaining the mistake (in a straightforward way, to make it clear that it was a non intentional mistake). You should ask them to simple ignore the first form, and use this corrected version instead.

You may can do it in 2 ways:
  1. Send it on paper in the same address you sent your application package
  2. Send it through webform (online) after you receive an application number.
You would be recognizing this mistake, and giving a correction, before they even start to review your documents veracity (that will take a time, some months, after you receive the application number). For this reason, I think probably you would eliminate any possibility of misrepresentation.

This sort of error can happen. For example, I sent an application on paper last year (November) and some days later I identified that the form IMM0008 was incorrect. I called Cic, and I was instructed to sent a corrected version of the form with a letter of explanation (what I did some days later). I got the application number in january, and my process is running well so far. Through GCSM notes, I could see that they received the corrected version of the IMM0008 and attached to my application. If u send it through paper, I recommend to order GCMS notes after u receive an application number in order to check that they received the corrected form (it would be a note in the last pages of GCMS notes).

You may want to consult an immigration consultant, or an immigration lawyer, to see their opinion on it. I can indicate this one (you can send the question through his website): https://jpimmigration.com/

Last edited:

Darius666

Oct 23, 2020
Thanks, Danlb34 for your kind reply. It helped. I asked general questions about this through Webform. I am just waiting for their reply. My agent also sent a request about getting my application number through a webform on Oct 9th. Centralized Intake Office in Sydney received my application on March 9th, still didn't give me the application number? I thought this package was lost somewhere but the tracking number shows its successfully delivered. Very strange. I think sending an explanation through webform online after getting an application number is a faster way. thanks again. More advice will help me to know what to do now.

Well, one more question, is my son and his partner application will be affected because of my application? Will IRCC know? I mean is IRCC will know he is my son when they submit the application? Is IRCC will compare my application with my son's future application. I just have some doubts.

Thanks again

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Thanks, Danlb34 for your kind reply. It helped. I asked general questions about this through Webform. I am just waiting for their reply. My agent also sent a request about getting my application number through a webform on Oct 9th. Centralized Intake Office in Sydney received my application on March 9th, still didn't give me the application number? I thought this package was lost somewhere but the tracking number shows its successfully delivered. Very strange. I think sending an explanation through webform online after getting an application number is a faster way. thanks again. More advice will help me to know what to do now.

Well, one more question, is my son and his partner application will be affected because of my application? Will IRCC know? I mean is IRCC will know he is my son when they submit the application? Is IRCC will compare my application with my son's future application. I just have some doubts.

Thanks again
You're welcome. It's really a long time waiting for the application number/Aor but it may be a delay caused by all their changes in workflow because of covid-19. Anyway, I believe once you have the application number and send a new and corrected 'imm5669e' form everything should be good.

I don't know if your application can affect your son application. In theory, they are different applications from different people and there shouldn't be any direct link. In summary, I don't think IRCC would compare your application with your son application.

The only way I see your mistake in the form affecting your application and your son's application, and I even I'm not 100% sure, is if the incorrect 'imm5669e' form is kept without a correction and during the background checking they consider a case of misrepresentation. This won't happen as you already identified the issue, messaged them, and you can send a corrected 'imm5669e' form much before they start doing the background checking (this verification doesn't happen in the beginning, and before you take an application number, I think as well it doesn't happen before you do medicals [not 100% sure about it]).

In summary, don't panic. The situation is controlled and can be corrected, and it's pretty good that you identified this issue much before they start to do the verification of the veracity of the information in the forms.