+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Expert Advice from Leon, PMM or others Changes in Background Declaration

desi786

Jun 1, 2011
Hi All,

I had applied to sponsor my Wife/Spouse in family class category. I am a Canadian PR living in Canada right now and my wife lives in India. We were married traditionally in nov 2010. After the marriage i came back to Canada in Dec 2010. I applied for sponsorship application on 10th April 2011. The application came back to me on 15th May 2011 requesting me to send them copies of all pages of my passport (earlier i had not sent copies of blank pages of my passport) and also rental/lease agreement.

After i received the package back, i have added a set of copies of all the pages of my passport and a letter from my relative stating that i am living with him, i am not paying him any rent so there is no lease agreement between him and me, also my relationship to him and the period i am living with him from.

Later i realized that there were few changes needed to be made in the background declaration like editing the exact dates where my wife stayed at a particular address and also the exact dates of her education & work needed to be changed. By the way she never traveled outside the country of her birth & citizenship ie India. My worry is that is it possible that the CIC makes copies of the original forms i send them at the first time. And after they send the package back to us to add more documents, i notice some thing in the forms needed to be changed and i changed them with more accurate information and send the package back to them with the additional docs they requested. Would they realize that in the application the first time the applicant gave this info and now edited few things. Should i worry about this deed of mine to be taken seriously by CIC and categorize me as misrepresentation or some thing?

Has any body gone through such an experience before? I would kindly appreciate genuine and experienced replies. Thank you all for your feedback.