+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need emergncy help

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

please i need your emergncy help because i have to send my citizenship application by the end of this week
i am from Iraq , but I have a temporary Saudi residence card (renewed each year based on the existence of a contract of employment) and if there is no contract of work it will not renewed

Do i have to declare that in the question 13 of the citizenship application "Have you ever had Immigration or Citizenship status in any country other than Canada, including your birth?"

or this question only for citizenship or immigration status ( like usa or canada )

and if no ...where have i declear this temporary residence ?

please any advice will be very helpfull

frange

May 25, 2018
and if no ...where have i declear this temporary residence ?

Did you really read the form? If you did, you had to see where to put your trip, your immigration status, your immigration documents you have used during the eligibility period. I don't know the question number, but you have to declare this in question 13 as you said.
Then yes you have to declare your Saudi residence card. If not it can be interpreted like a misrepresentation. Because of that they can remove your Canadian citizenship even after you die. Be careful

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
From the sounds of it, your saudi card is a temporary resident card based on employment. It is not treated as immigration so you would need to answer this as NO unless if you have a permanent residency over there

frange

May 25, 2018
From the sounds of it, your saudi card is a temporary resident card based on employment. It is not treated as immigration so you would need to answer this as NO unless if you have a permanent residency over there
What do you think about immigration status? He used to work with a work authorization( Work permit), that means he was admitted legally into Saudi. Why should he say NO since he was under a temporary status. You have to know that an Immigration status can be on a temporary or permanent base.

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
I highly recommend mentioning your status as they put in the same question a small table in which they include: Status (e.g.student, employment/worker,refugee,permanent resident or citizen) So you can simply write here Temporary Worker Resident and write the place (Saudi Arabia) and years as they asked. Note that they are also asking you to include any citizenship you have even if it was your country of birth citizenship you have to mention it in this question

Reactions: Sam.ham

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I highly recommend mentioning your status as they put in the same question a small table in which they include: Status (e.g.student, employment/worker,refugee,permanent resident or citizen) So you can simply write here Temporary Worker Resident and write the place (Saudi Arabia) and years as they asked. Note that they are also asking you to include any citizenship you have even if it was your country of birth citizenship you have to mention it in this question
your reply is the only respecteful and logic reply
thanks a lot