AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
With the 14 months you are living together, you are eligible as common law partners. But for IRCC, your marriage will not be recognized because you were not present at the ceremony.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So he can "register" at any time? I am a bit confused. Because in Canada, there is only 1 way to get married. You can have as many ceremonies and celebrations as you want. But there is only 1 official day that the bride and the groom will sign the official paperwork. And they will be given the marriage certificate. There is no multi-steps to be married.
Proxy marriage are legal in some countries, so his marriage is legal in his country, but IRCC will not recognize it. So I see two options: apply as common law or have another marriage here in Canada (or anywhere else, but with both being present).

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Proxy marriage are legal in some countries, so his marriage is legal in his country, but IRCC will not recognize it. So I see two options: apply as common law or have another marriage here in Canada (or anywhere else, but with both being present).
Oh! I think I finally understand. He wasn't there at the one and only wedding in his country. Then he went back and just register using the proxy wedding. So it's only recognized in his country but not in Canada.

I agree, he can apply as common law. So he will need proof of cohabitation. (bill payments, share of expenses, bills and items to the same address..etc)

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Unfortunately maybe you are right
This is the most bigger shock I have never had in my life

Please now tell me what I have to do in this catastrophe news ??

How can I change all my fil from spouse to common-law partner

What I have to do ?
Please guide me

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Oh! I think I finally understand. He wasn't there at the one and only wedding in his country. Then he went back and just register using the proxy wedding. So it's only recognized in his country but not in Canada.

I agree, he can apply as common law. So he will need proof of cohabitation. (bill payments, share of expenses, bills and items to the same address..etc)[/QUOTE

What I have to do ?
Please guide me

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

What I have to do ?
Please guide me

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Just follow the same guide but consider that you are applying as common law partners. If you have specific questions regarding the forms, it's better for you to post in the 2018 inland thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-134#post-7114941
I filled these forms 3 years ago, so I'm not up to date with the new forms. On that thread you will talk with other people filling forms now or they filled them recently.

jwu22

Jul 24, 2018
hi everyone,

I have to send my application today,I am confused about this 2 things :

1 ) proof of past cohabitation,if you are not currently living together but did at one point in the past
( what kind of proof will be acceptable please ? )

2 ) other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and /or family ( e.g. letters from friends/family,social media information showing a public relationship,etc. )
Email of congratulations from my friend it is acceptable and enough?

I am waiting your help please
Hi. All genuin proofs are acceptable like photos, screenshots of messages and video calls, property of ownership(both own same property), anything similar to those.

Also, other proofs recognized friends and relatives, pictures would be the best, greeting cards and/or something similar to those.

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Uhhhh, I read it. You stated that you were not present at the marriage. Therefore, it was a proxy marraige.
I just called a lawyer now and she told me I don’t have any problem and I have to submit my application as spouse not common law partner

And she told me give me any case like you that was rejected from IRCC

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Just follow the same guide but consider that you are applying as common law partners. If you have specific questions regarding the forms, it's better for you to post in the 2018 inland thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-134#post-7114941
I filled these forms 3 years ago, so I'm not up to date with the new forms. On that thread you will talk with other people filling forms now or they filled them recently.
I just called a lawyer now and she told me I don’t have any problem and I have to submit my application as spouse not common law partner

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

And you have been provided with the IRCC rules regarding proxy marriage. Not hard to figure out which answer to go with.