ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Hi

My Wife got a forein workers visa to canada.

In order to go there and work, what kind of work permit i need to apply. is it dependent work permit?
We both are software developers. Do we fall under NOC 0, A or B category(Skilled worker)?

What is the time duration to get dependent work permit?
If we apply it from canada, will the process be quick compare to applying from INDIA?

How about applying PR from canada? will the same rules apply?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
talktoudaykumar said:
Hi

My Wife got a forein workers visa to canada.

In order to go there and work, what kind of work permit i need to apply. is it dependent work permit?
We both are software developers. Do we fall under NOC 0, A or B category(Skilled worker)?

What is the time duration to get dependent work permit?
If we apply it from canada, will the process be quick compare to applying from INDIA?

How about applying PR from canada? will the same rules apply?
1. You need an open work permit to work in Canada if your spouse has a temp work permit. Yes, you fall under NOC B (possible codes 2173/4 etc.) and are skilled workers.

2. Time duration varies based upon many factors such as which embassy you are applying at, time of year that you apply plus your own profile and external factors such as currently ongoing PAFSCO strike which significantly affected around 15 major embassies across the world. But it can range between 1 - 9 months.
I am not sure what you mean by "Apply it from Canada". Only people already present in Canada can do so. Even if your spouse go there already, you will still have to apply from india in order to go. Whether you apply on paper or online (online is a bit faster in general), your case will still be processed by Canadian embassy in India.

3. If you already go to Canada on work permit, you have better options for PR. For example after working for a year there you can apply for CEC (except quebec) which takes a year to process, but requires one to have worked in Canada for at least a year in the past. Then there are other programs such as PNPs but the point is permanent residence applications are processed faster when you are in Canada because
a) You have option to apply for better programs such as CEC for which a person in a remote country is not eligible for
b) Your application is submitted from inside canada whose processing times are better than any embassy across the globe.

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
fkl said:
1. You need an open work permit to work in Canada if your spouse has a temp work permit. Yes, you fall under NOC B (possible codes 2173/4 etc.) and are skilled workers.

2. Time duration varies based upon many factors such as which embassy you are applying at, time of year that you apply plus your own profile and external factors such as currently ongoing PAFSCO strike which significantly affected around 15 major embassies across the world. But it can range between 1 - 9 months.
I am not sure what you mean by "Apply it from Canada". Only people already present in Canada can do so. Even if your spouse go there already, you will still have to apply from india in order to go. Whether you apply on paper or online (online is a bit faster in general), your case will still be processed by Canadian embassy in India.

3. If you already go to Canada on work permit, you have better options for PR. For example after working for a year there you can apply for CEC (except quebec) which takes a year to process, but requires one to have worked in Canada for at least a year in the past. Then there are other programs such as PNPs but the point is permanent residence applications are processed faster when you are in Canada because
a) You have option to apply for better programs such as CEC for which a person in a remote country is not eligible for
b) Your application is submitted from inside canada whose processing times are better than any embassy across the globe.
Thanks Borther.

I already done my medical exam . Will it be valid to submit for SOWP application?

Can i fill the forms and other things from online site and submit at VFS office? Can some one tell me the series of steps to apply for SOWP from INDIA-HYDERABAD?