+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarification regarding Indian PCC

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
I'm in the last stage of the process and i've been asked to provide pcc from India. I live in Bangalore, India. Yesterday I went to apply for Police Clearance Certificate and I've been told by them that i need to apply for PVC as well as PCC. but i need only PCC. The PCC fees are only 200RS and PVC(Police Verification Certificate)fees are 3000RS. Is it compulsory to apply for PVC to get PCC? If i get only PCC then they will mention an additional line saying that this PCC is [NOT FOR JOB]. will this create any problem with the NDVO if i submit only PCC? I tried to convince them saying i need this PCC only for immigration and not for job but the rude man didn't agree for that. He thinks that I'm going for job to Canada.
Please I need an advice at the earliest!!!

Thanks!
Regards,
arcticmaple....

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to me it is an internal problem of your State Police Service Department and therefore you have to see the Superintendent of Police instead of talking to lower level officials. If you cannot get an appointment to see the SP, then find out who is going to help you.Perhaps if you see the Police Inspector in a proper way - :D, that could help to change their mind. I hope you got what I mean

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
This is what you need to do.
1) You need to apply for PCC via Regional Passport Office, Bangalore. Fill online form and take an appointment with Nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Make sure you have all the required documents asked for. If possible, please carry originals too, as they validate copies with Original. Also, keep extra copies for all submitted documents as they will be asked by police stn during address verification.

NOTE: RPO does not accept PCC application directly. They must come through PSK. There is one near Intel Office (Near Ecospace). The application fee is Rs 300/-. Keep the application Receipt safe as you will need it later.

2) Please make sure that you fill out CORRECT Police Station Name in the application, or else your application will be lost. Within 2-3 days, RPO transfers your file to your Police Station for Address Verification. Exactly After 3rd day, Go to your Police Station and ask in PCC section if they have received your PCC application for Address Verification. Get the PHONE Number of the PCC guy at police station as you will need to make follow up calls almost everyday until your job is done.

Note: If your PASSPORT is from BANGALORE ITSELF, NO POLICE VERIFICATION IS NEEDED AND YOU WILL GET YOUR PCC THE SAME DAY YOU APPLY at PSK.

3) If your Passport is not from Bangalore, then GEAR UP as the Address Verification is MUST and it's a tough nut to crack.

4) POLICE Guys will again ask for your documents that your submitted at PSK along with 2 passport size photos. They will let you know what is needed. If they ask for money, be ready to shell out few bucks but not more than Rs 500.

5) The Sooner they send out Address Verification back to Commissioner’s office, the better. Within few days, follow up at Commissioner’s office (at Infantry Road) and request them to send it Passport office asap. Again, Be ready to Shell Out Money. If an officer is going to help you, then Rs 1000, otherwise, 500 is fine. You need to be very persistent with these people. Use your people skills.

6) As soon as it goes back to Passport office, rush to RPO and Enquire about your file.

7) They will make you go through some process.

8) Next day you can go back to PSK to collect your PCC.

You Do Not Need PVC !!! Please let me know if you have any questions.

shamshertaha

Aug 25, 2011
paulh said:
This is what you need to do.
1) You need to apply for PCC via Regional Passport Office, Bangalore. Fill online form and take an appointment with Nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Make sure you have all the required documents asked for. If possible, please carry originals too, as they validate copies with Original. Also, keep extra copies for all submitted documents as they will be asked by police stn during address verification.

NOTE: RPO does not accept PCC application directly. They must come through PSK. There is one near Intel Office (Near Ecospace). The application fee is Rs 300/-. Keep the application Receipt safe as you will need it later.

2) Please make sure that you fill out CORRECT Police Station Name in the application, or else your application will be lost. Within 2-3 days, RPO transfers your file to your Police Station for Address Verification. Exactly After 3rd day, Go to your Police Station and ask in PCC section if they have received your PCC application for Address Verification. Get the PHONE Number of the PCC guy at police station as you will need to make follow up calls almost everyday until your job is done.

Note: If your PASSPORT is from BANGALORE ITSELF, NO POLICE VERIFICATION IS NEEDED AND YOU WILL GET YOUR PCC THE SAME DAY YOU APPLY at PSK.

3) If your Passport is not from Bangalore, then GEAR UP as the Address Verification is MUST and it's a tough nut to crack.

4) POLICE Guys will again ask for your documents that your submitted at PSK along with 2 passport size photos. They will let you know what is needed. If they ask for money, be ready to shell out few bucks but not more than Rs 500.

5) The Sooner they send out Address Verification back to Commissioner's office, the better. Within few days, follow up at Commissioner's office (at Infantry Road) and request them to send it Passport office asap. Again, Be ready to Shell Out Money. If an officer is going to help you, then Rs 1000, otherwise, 500 is fine. You need to be very persistent with these people. Use your people skills.

6) As soon as it goes back to Passport office, rush to RPO and Enquire about your file.

7) They will make you go through some process.

8) Next day you can go back to PSK to collect your PCC.

You Do Not Need PVC !!! Please let me know if you have any questions.
great job paulh

ludhiana_boy

Jan 14, 2015
Hello! I am from Ludhiana, Punjab and working in Bangalore since last three years. I understand that it is quite difficult to get PCC if address in passport is different from your current address. In Passport, My hometown Ludhiana's address is mentioned. Do you think it will be good to collect PCC from Hometown instead of Bangalore.

Regards
Yashu