+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Clarification Regarding Employment Records

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
Hi all, my ex-employer refused to provide me reference letter. I requested my manager to provide me a reference letter for immigration purposes. The letter I got from my manager is not on company letter head, and is on a plain A4 sheet, signed by her. Is this good enough? Should I get it notarized?

My wife would also need to get such a reference letter from her manager. We both performed the exact same role and so the content of the letter is almost the same. Any problems with this?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itoocandream said:
Hi all, my ex-employer refused to provide me reference letter. I requested my manager to provide me a reference letter for immigration purposes. The letter I got from my manager is not on company letter head, and is on a plain A4 sheet, signed by her. Is this good enough? Should I get it notarized?

My wife would also need to get such a reference letter from her manager. We both performed the exact same role and so the content of the letter is almost the same. Any problems with this?
Does it contain address, contact of the company/supervisor? Do you have a business card of your supervisor? You can support it by bussiness card and explain by LOE. Cic can contact your supervsior on his/her offical email id or call him/her to confirm your employement.

If your job duties and noc code is same than it shouldnt be an issue.

As long as the documents are authentic and can be verified by the officer, you will be alright.

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
I don't have my managers business card, but she did provide me with her own proof of employment and her contact details...