+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED CLARIFICATION for SEALED ENVELOP for WES

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hello All,

I would like to understand 'exactly' what needs to be sent to WES?

In the signed + sealed envelop do I need to include the 'Academic Request Form'? I do not see this as something that needs to be even sent to WES as a mandatory thing.

As far as I know, as long as the envelop has the WES reference number mentioned on it, it will suffice.

Thanks...

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
nurat said:
Hello All,

In the signed + sealed envelop do I need to include the 'Academic Request Form'? I do not see this as something that needs to be even sent to WES as a mandatory thing.

As far as I know, as long as the envelop has the WES reference number mentioned on it, it will suffice.

Thanks...

just take copies and signatures from your university and put a seal on the envelope opening and later paste it or ask them to paste it

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
nurat said:
Hello All,

Thanks...

'Academic Request Form'----It is must. It should be signed with seal of your University official.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi Missionquebec,

Thanks for your response. Where is this mentioned on the WES website? I read through the required documents and guidelines for sealed envelop. It does not mention anything about including the form in the envelop.

Also, I looked at Part A and B of the form. In Part B it mentions in point 1,2 and 3 the following:
1) Please fill out this form and verify if a degree has been awarded and/or that the student attended your institution
2) Place this form and academic record(s) in an envelope.
3) Sign and seal the envelope across the back flap and send it directly to World Education Services.

Now, would this not be needed in case the university is sending the docs directly to WES?

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
nurat said:
Hi Missionquebec,

Thanks for your response. Where is this mentioned on the WES website? I read through the required documents and guidelines for sealed envelop. It does not mention anything about including the form in the envelop.

Also, I looked at Part A and B of the form. In Part B it mentions in point 1,2 and 3 the following:
1) Please fill out this form and verify if a degree has been awarded and/or that the student attended your institution
2) Place this form and academic record(s) in an envelope.
3) Sign and seal the envelope across the back flap and send it directly to World Education Services.

Now, would this not be needed in case the university is sending the docs directly to WES?

Check this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDmOO1Zb1M

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Thanks Missionquebec. You rock, +1 for you.

Only if one carefully reads part B of the form, does it become clear. I am surprised that nowhere on the WES website this is mentioned.

Thanks again

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
WES request form is just an idea of application which you can give to your university while getting the work done OR at times where there is too much red tape, university might ask different questions on the requirement of sealing envelop etc. It could prove helpful there.

It is NOT MANDATORY - atleast I did not include it in any of my two different universities while getting my ECA done. There was no issue or any query raised from WES on same and the ECA was done smoothly!