Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
Singapore responded back to me and said that they have sent PPR for my spouse in Vietnam end of April 2010. Until now she has not received it yet. Can someone please tell me if PPR is sent by certified or is it registered mail? Does the letter need to be signed upon arrival to that address? Perhaps no one was home and could be sitting at local post office? Need answers? Tank you.

I

iarblue

PPR request comes in many ways,phone,email,letter,and i have seen on here that some say it has ended up in their spam folder.If they are telling you they sent a PPR request did you mail it then.
You can request they resend the request if you like,but i would send it now if they asked for it.

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
Singapore said they sent my wife a PPR through paper form mail. It was mailed from Singapore end of April. She has not received the leter yet. What I wanted to know is how they sent the letter? Is it through registered mail? She works and her parents work too and no one usually home. I wanted to know if PPR from Singapore required a signature upon delivery? Thank you!

I

iarblue

No PPR will just come through regular mail,its just the passport that is sent certified.So apparently it is lost in the post.I would request they send another.Send a case specific request or call them tell them you never recieved it.Ask if they can email the letter to you.

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
Thanks IARBLUE,
I e-mailed Singapore back and specifically asked them to e-mail the PPR to my wife's e-mail address. I tols them she never received it through mail.

snolan

Nov 27, 2009
My wife received her PPR from Singapore in Thailand no problems.

It was stamped May 25th and she got it June 2nd I believe.

So not sure if Singapore is 100% to blame here, but more-so the postal service. Has your wife received any other paperwork from Singapore? If she hasn't I'd make sure to double check the address on the letter or find out why exactly it didn't get there before they try to mail anything else back.

In reality, they should update the eCas but I don't think they do until they put a visa in it and say "decision made" so they sort of did all they could and mailed it off given the system (just showing that they didn't wrong you in particular or give any different treatment to you)

I know I was a little shocked because I figured they'd mail the letter to me as well in Canada and I still haven't got one, but as said I do know my wife got her's in Thailand quite quickly through regular mail (didn't have to sign for it or anything she just called me one day and said "I have a letter from Canada asking for my passport, tell me if it's real and should do it")