Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Oct 2010
LANDED..........
10th Dec 2010
Hi,
I have got my pr visa with medical surveillance. What does this mean? Does this mean that my visa is conditional and if I seem to suffer from TB in Canada I will have to come back to India.....I am worried as someone told me same. Please let me know the truth.

Thanks..

namb

Oct 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is a medical surveillance?

A medical surveillance is a procedure places an immigrant with certain type of previous diseases under a program that would monitor their conditions upon arrival in Canada. It is necessary to help these immigrants to maintain their own health, and protects their family members and people in Canada.

What are the medical conditions that require a medical surveillance ?

Immigrants will be placed under medical surveillance if the results of their immigration medical examination for entry to Canada showed that they have:

- inactive tuberculosis (TB) or

- evidence of a previous syphilis infection that has been treated prior to entering Canada.

What is the procedure for medical surveillance?

Immigrants who will require medical surveillance will receive a Medical Surveillance Undertaking Form IMM 0535 and a Medical Surveillance Handout that provide instructions and telephone numbers for contacting public health authorities. They must report to a public health authority within 30 days after entering Canada.

If they are already living in Canada, they are required to report to a public health authority within 30 days after the medical surveillance handout.

Upon entry to Canada, Port of Entry personnel will send copies of any IMM 0535 forms to the Medical Surveillance Unit (MSU) so that provincial and territorial health authorities are made aware of the arrival of immigrants that require medical surveillance.

No you will not be directed back but you have to make sure that you dnt leave Canada once you have entered till you recover fully otherwise to enter back you have to get the medical clearance again.

More here

www (dot) cic (dot) gc (dot) ca/english/newcomers/after-health-surveillance.asp

swdw

May 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Oct 2010
LANDED..........
10th Dec 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. It was great relief for me :)