+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need an advise on marriage certificate

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I was married 2 months ago in Canada but still didn't receive my marriage certificate. I only have record of marriage since it will take 10 weeks before they issue a marriage certificate.
Is record of marriage valid as well or do I have to wait another month and 1/2 before receiving my marriage certificate.
Can I send my application and explain.
Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my opinion, send the document what you have at present and mention the fact that it will take soem more time. You should submit it as son as received. No need to wait for it.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
But do they hold on the application before they receive the marriage certificate. it's going to take another month or so. They won't approve the first step without it?

wawaprince

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Applications are processed based on the current information provided in the forms, certificates are only there to back up the facts inside the application.

if at the time of the application, you have already sent everything you have, you shouldn't worry, it will get treated & processed as you provided it.

They will ask you for a certificate if they have reasons to doubt the act, but based on what you've sent already, they will be able to track it & check it, since it is in Canada.
you had to get a marriage license, & then the act itself, & then the certificate. they can easly check for all this, same as a Police officer can check for a license plate!
(CIC usually ask for proof, if they can't check the facts themselves, or they have doubts on a foreign marriage)

Good luck.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Thank you all for your response. It feels like a real exam. I'm so anxious and can't wait to be with my husband. I know it's a long way to go but hope he will be accepted.