+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need an advice for PR application

mel20

Dec 3, 2014
hello guys! i'm married to my sponsor( canadian citizen) and i from philippines, we got married twice first in a civil wedding and then after 2 days we got married again to the church for blessings because we r in the same religion.now we have our child 2 months old.
now my question are,,,,, do i need to declare in my application that we got married twice? and then how about my child is he consider as my dependent whom his father is canadian citizen? and then another thing before we married my husband he got sick and stop working but hes on insurance from his work. does he need to fill out with his form as an employed even if hes stop working for now.well, he can go back to work when he feel better. we r confused about to fill out the forms.. please any advice is highly appreciated.. thanks,,,

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

There is no need to mention both marriages separately. You need to attach the marriage certificate issued from your Government authority, which is recognized as the legal document.

If your husband is on sick leave, he is still employed under that employer.

Being your child's father is Canadian, your child will be a Canadian citizen by birth. Therefore, you need to apply for a Canadian passport for your child from the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
wilson said:
Hi,

There is no need to mention both marriages separately. You need to attach the marriage certificate issued from your Government authority, which is recognized as the legal document.

Being your child's father is Canadian, your child will be a Canadian citizen by birth. Therefore, you need to apply for a Canadian passport for your child from the Canadian Embassy in Manila.
That really depends on how the father obtained his citizenship. If he was born in Canada or naturalized then he can pass along his citizenship to the child and the child would be not be listed as a dependent but would be listed in the additional family information paperwork.

If the father obtained his citizenship in any other manner than listed above it is highly likely he CAN NOT pass along his citizenship to his child born outside Canada.

mel20

Dec 3, 2014
thank you guys for your reply,, well yes my husband was born in canada. so i need apply my child his citizenship.

i have follow up question about imm0008 generic application form for canada box no.3. what number? it should be 1 because my child is not counted as my dependent? just for clarification.. thanks a lot

mel20

Dec 3, 2014
wilson said:
Hi,

Being your child's father is Canadian, your child will be a Canadian citizen by birth. Therefore, you need to apply for a Canadian passport for your child from the Canadian Embassy
how about the proof of relationship to the sponsor.. is it ok to attach our church wedding photos, together with our civil wedding photos? i know civil wedding is only recognize as legal douments.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mel20 said:
how about the proof of relationship to the sponsor.. is it ok to attach our church wedding photos, together with our civil wedding photos? i know civil wedding is only recognize as legal douments.
of course, anything to help show a real relationship. a civil ceremony is just as real as a religious ceremony, and many people only have the 1. mentioning both ceremonies is not going to work against you. in fact, i'm pretty sure the application asks about both types of ceremonies.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Mention both. Attach photos of both - the visa officer will expect you to have photos. If you don't, explain why.