+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need an advice for additional document request.

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
My application received Oct 31st and yesterday I got an email from CIC requesting additional document.

this is the letter from cic:

I have grounds to believe you have not acquired, in Canada, within the 36 months before the date on which your application was received, at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Specifically, I have grounds to believe you have not acquired the claimed work experience as Administrative officer (NOC 1221), as claimed in your application. You provided a letter of employment from “**********.”, dated October 23, 2013, stating you were employed as Administrative officer from May 26 2012 to the time you submitted your application. The letter of employment you provided does not state the nature and size of the Company. Additionally, despite an internet and database search of “*********.”, I was unable to find a company web site nor any other information regarding nature and size of your employer: Finally, I have concerns as to the amount of experience you had acquired in Human resources prior to joining “**********.”, to be able to acquire the position of manager in Human resources. Your Personal history shows you were a student up to March 2012 and had only acquired 4 months of professional experience as -------- before joining “*********.”. The National Occupational Code 1221 indicates Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.

Among the documentation to provide in order to alleviate my above concerns, please provide your Notice of assessment and “********” from T4 for 2013, ”, including all your paystubs from May 2012 to October 2013.

in my opinion, I should send the officer a reference/explanation letter from my current employer who used to be a vice president and shareholder of ********. the employer in my application and my current employer have a relationship of business partner for a long time and my current employer has taken over the business from my former employer(one in my application) as he returned to Korea to plan and start a new business. New employer has changed the business name(but the same location) but I think she still have authority to confirm my work experience at **********. She is willing to write for me and she will explain the size and nature of business as well as the explanation for no web site as she never see the necessity of internet based marketing so far. she is permitting me to send a copy of T4 2013 for every employee who worked in 2013 as well as T4 summary for the company to prove its size of the business. Also, she prepared a copy of few important pages of commercial lease agreement for ******** to verify its existence.

Also, I will send the officer the confirmation of voluntary work at her other company as admin assistance in other location for one year. I didn't attach it along with my application because I though It would not affect the apps as it only a voluntary work.

I also attach my pay slips, T4 and NOA for 2013 as requested.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
KevinSong said:
Specifically, I have grounds to believe you have not acquired the claimed work experience as Administrative officer (NOC 1221), as claimed in your application. You provided a letter of employment from “**********.”, dated October 23, 2013, stating you were employed as Administrative officer from May 26 2012 to the time you submitted your application. The letter of employment you provided does not state the nature and size of the Company. Additionally, despite an internet and database search of “*********.”, I was unable to find a company web site nor any other information regarding nature and size of your employer:

Some documents to prove the existence of the company -
- Copy of business license;
- CRA business registration number, corporate NOA
(Sending the T4s of other employees would be a violation of their privacy, in my opinion - Don't send those. Commercial lease doesn't prove much.)
- Copy of annual report / Financial statement

If the business has changed hands, documents to prove that (document of sale or appointment of new manager, correspondence between your former and new boss), document to prove name change

An extra letter may help, as long as it describes the nature of the business, and you can document the link between the old and new businesses -

Finally, I have concerns as to the amount of experience you had acquired in Human resources prior to joining “**********.”, to be able to acquire the position of manager in Human resources. Your Personal history shows you were a student up to March 2012 and had only acquired 4 months of professional experience as -------- before joining “*********.”. The National Occupational Code 1221 indicates Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.

Also, I will send the officer the confirmation of voluntary work at her other company as admin assistance in other location for one year. I didn't attach it along with my application because I though It would not affect the apps as it only a voluntary work.

That won't hurt, but this is going to be difficult to prove you were qualified for a senior level position, unless you have prior experience (even outside of Canada)...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
KevinSong said:
My application received Oct 31st and yesterday I got an email from CIC requesting additional document.

this is the letter from cic:

I have grounds to believe you have not acquired, in Canada, within the 36 months before the date on which your application was received, at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Specifically, I have grounds to believe you have not acquired the claimed work experience as Administrative officer (NOC 1221), as claimed in your application. You provided a letter of employment from “**********.”, dated October 23, 2013, stating you were employed as Administrative officer from May 26 2012 to the time you submitted your application. The letter of employment you provided does not state the nature and size of the Company. Additionally, despite an internet and database search of “*********.”, I was unable to find a company web site nor any other information regarding nature and size of your employer: Finally, I have concerns as to the amount of experience you had acquired in Human resources prior to joining “**********.”, to be able to acquire the position of manager in Human resources. Your Personal history shows you were a student up to March 2012 and had only acquired 4 months of professional experience as -------- before joining “*********.”. The National Occupational Code 1221 indicates Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.

Among the documentation to provide in order to alleviate my above concerns, please provide your Notice of assessment and “********” from T4 for 2013, ”, including all your paystubs from May 2012 to October 2013.

in my opinion, I should send the officer a reference/explanation letter from my current employer who used to be a vice president and shareholder of ********. the employer in my application and my current employer have a relationship of business partner for a long time and my current employer has taken over the business from my former employer(one in my application) as he returned to Korea to plan and start a new business. New employer has changed the business name(but the same location) but I think she still have authority to confirm my work experience at **********. She is willing to write for me and she will explain the size and nature of business as well as the explanation for no web site as she never see the necessity of internet based marketing so far. she is permitting me to send a copy of T4 2013 for every employee who worked in 2013 as well as T4 summary for the company to prove its size of the business. Also, she prepared a copy of few important pages of commercial lease agreement for ******** to verify its existence.

I also attach my pay slips, T4 and NOA for 2013 as requested.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you.
Was your study related to your work??

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
Thank you so much jes_on. And for you goku, I have a diploma in business.

Have one more question, is it ok to volunteer work with post graduate work permit? As far as I know, I can do whatever I want with post graduate work permit but, just curious as I heard some volunteer regulation for international student. Just wonder that also applies to pgwp holder. Thanks in advance