+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hey guys, I wanted to immigrate to Canada so badly and tried to take the student route unfortunately I was rejected by windsor, concordia and regina for masters. I may have a chance to get in lethbridge for next year but I am not sure if I want to wait for that long. Although the supervisor I am in touch with encourages me to apply.

Now I notice that PR might be my only other choice and I want to have a go at it. I'm 29 now and nearing 30 in 5 months, how badly will this affect my CRS score?

I have a bachelors degree from India and a Post Graducate certificate from UK. Does this count as 2 or more degree, diploma? or should I just use my bachelors degree
I know I will have to retake my IELTS again for general. What will be a good score? For student I scored 7.5L/7S/6.5W/6.5R. Should I aim for same in general?

I was thinking of selecting all provinces to receive a notification. Will that improve my chances?

Will really appreciate your inputs

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hey guys, I wanted to immigrate to Canada so badly and tried to take the student route unfortunately I was rejected by windsor, concordia and regina for masters. I may have a chance to get in lethbridge for next year but I am not sure if I want to wait for that long. Although the supervisor I am in touch with encourages me to apply.

Now I notice that PR might be my only other choice and I want to have a go at it. I'm 29 now and nearing 30 in 5 months, how badly will this affect my CRS score?

I have a bachelors degree from India and a Post Graducate certificate from UK. Does this count as 2 or more degree, diploma? or should I just use my bachelors degree
I know I will have to retake my IELTS again for general. What will be a good score? For student I scored 7.5L/7S/6.5W/6.5R. Should I aim for same in general?

I was thinking of selecting all provinces to receive a notification. Will that improve my chances?

Will really appreciate your inputs
1. You will lose 5 points for every year once you turn 30.
2. You have to submit for an ECA evaluation and see. I don't know which one assess certificates. WES only do completed degrees.
3. A good score will be 8L/7S/7W/7R. You have to get this for maximum adaptability points that you are entitled for.
4. You can go for provincial nomination based on your score. The invitation range for now is at 440.