+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advise regarding my Spouse Passport

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
Please, guys help me regarding the following issue,

I Start my AINP process based on H1-B and my case is with CIC right now and my spouse is dependent applicant in this process ,the process is in final stages and CIC would need passports for stamping in Buffalo location .My wife is in my home country and I tried to get her passport but mailing companies like FedEx and DHL are not ready to deliver it to US .

Can you please advise me how can I get her passport here in USA

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Some one will bring your spouse passport to USA with due permission from your spouse. This is the one way.
Another way is to talk with some local cargo companies, not DHL or Fedex, they shall arrange it for you

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
S.K said:
Some one will bring your spouse passport to USA with due permission from your spouse. This is the one way.
Another way is to talk with some local cargo companies, not DHL or Fedex, they shall arrange it for you
I spoke to some of the people that I know but no one is getting agree

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Harry2500 said:
S.K said:
I spoke to some of the people that I know but no one is getting agree
Harry2500,
Never ever try to get your wife's passport using cargo companies even if somebody agrees. Passport is the most valuable document.
You have two options. 1. If someone (whom you know well) is travelling US ask them to bring the passport along with an authorization letter to CIC from your wife that you will carry her passport. 2. If not just goto your home country and bring it (with the authorization letter). Don't mess up at this stage as you are almost there.

my 2 cents. Good luck!!

-DNA

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
my husband applied under BC PNP and sent our application to CIC buffalo. My question is where we are going to send our passport as his dependants and still here in our home country.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
ymanoelpia said:
my husband applied under BC PNP and sent our application to CIC buffalo. My question is where we are going to send our passport as his dependants and still here in our home country.
You will send your passports to the visa office that has your application.In this case CIC Buffalo.
Good Luck

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Harry

Dnatraj advise is practical. Better be safe than sorry.

One more alternative is that your spouse comes to US on visitor visa, she has solid case for visitor visa... spouse in US and letter from CIC asking for passport for visa stamping. In this case it will save you the task of sending the passport back again to her after visa stamping.

Kindly keep us updated on this issue.

Regards
Singh

AlbertaResident

Jul 22, 2009
singh123 said:
Dear Harry

Dnatraj advise is practical. Better be safe than sorry.

One more alternative is that your spouse comes to US on visitor visa, she has solid case for visitor visa... spouse in US and letter from CIC asking for passport for visa stamping. In this case it will save you the task of sending the passport back again to her after visa stamping.

Kindly keep us updated on this issue.

Regards
Singh
singh is right. she must come to the US on visit visa.

Mlampk

Jun 6, 2009
Buddy I will tell you one thing....

Don't ever tell to any company that you are sending the passport....

One of my frd is in same situation before ...but what he done is..........

He asked his wife to send the passport in between the doccuments....with out knowing anybody tht she is sending her passport...

she send it the same with guarenteed mail so he can track the package....

once he got the passport ...he simple sent the passport to CIC...they stamped the passport and returned to him....

and he get back the passport with him when he laft his home country

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Mlampk said:
Buddy I will tell you one thing....

Don't ever tell to any company that you are sending the passport....

One of my frd is in same situation before ...but what he done is..........

He asked his wife to send the passport in between the doccuments....with out knowing anybody tht she is sending her passport...

she send it the same with guarenteed mail so he can track the package....

once he got the passport ...he simple sent the passport to CIC...they stamped the passport and returned to him....

and he get back the passport with him when he laft his home country
I wont buy this.

AlbertaResident

Jul 22, 2009
bendjoe said:
I wont buy this.
bendejo is right.

It is illegal to mail your Indian passport out of the country. But someone can carry your passport to US from India with your written permission. If you have an Indian passport you can read the last page to find this information

So when you get passport request if you can not go to US personally then you will have to ask someone to carry your passport to US, get it stamped and then carry it back to US.

or you can get your wife here on visit.

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
we already had our medicals done and the next step will be PPR. we applied at Buffalo and all the correspondence from them was sent to my husband as he is the principal. They sent the medical request form to him then he sent our forms here in Philippines.

My question is, if ever that we will have a PPR, where are we going to send it? Is it in BUFFALO or to the CEM. I am asking this because I have friend who is going to Canada and maybe I can have her carry our passport and hand it to my husband for him to send it to Buffalo. After visa stamping, are they going to send our passport to my husband and mail this back to us or are they gonna forward it to CEM and send it to us?

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
The problem is ,its not easy to get a US visa and my wife's medicals and PCC's are from my home country and I will try to get her visa from my home country otherwise I will talk to CIC buffilo once I get pasport request lets see what happen!

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Harry very sorry to hear that the vistor visa for your spouse is going to be a problem. I thought your wife had a rock solid case for a visitor visa.... Spouse in US and letter from CIC Buffallo.

Wish you all the best.
Keep us updated.