+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice...

sh19

Jul 8, 2011
I came to Canada in 2009 on study permit and i am presently on PGWP (post graduate work permit) till 2014 and working.

I got married in Jan 2012 and wanted to get my wife with me.

Can she apply as my dependent for open work permit or visitor visa to come and stay with me.

Please advice what is the best to way to get her here.

Thanks

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
well she can apply for trv, i mean visitor visa, once she will be der she can apply for open work permit only if u r doing job in some skilled category or jobs in smthing lyk A B or 0 well u might know abt tht categories, otherwise open work permit is allowed to da spouse of full time international student, bt tell her 2 apply for trv wid strong documents

bst of luck

sh19

Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for your advice.

I am presently working as Restaurant Manager, and I checked few similar blogs to me here and understand that getting a Open work permit based on me is easy compared to TRV. Am i right?

Confused....

SBHULLAR

Feb 23, 2012
Hi i think i should share something with u that can help u while u r thinking about your spouse visa.

I m in Canada from september2010 i have 3 year advanced diploma i m in 2 year now my study permit is valid till 2014 He applied for visitor visa in May2011 and got rejection in seven days then we wait and applied for open work permit Feb2012 and got refusal letter on 2March 2012.Same reason visa officer is not satisfied that he will leave Canada,No travel history.I don't know how we can clear this point. He showed property and bank balance more than enough he have his parents at home country.
So be careful about these points.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
hey sh1, dnt evn think abt it, 1st it will take long time 2 process da application of work permit, apply for trv she will have better chances , once she will b in canada dn she can easily change her trv into open work permit, and i think ur wife is eligible to apply for work permit acc to ur job, bst of luck

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
hello sbhullar, well i can understand in which situation ur husband is afterall m in da same boat, anyhow, can u jst tell me in detail wht was da reasons for refusal in both cases except travel history, i tell u one thing travel history matters alot, bcoz without travel history VO gets da point for refusal, which is hard 2 overcome, 2nd he has 2 show strong bank balance n property on his own name , if he had showed already dn, he needs to show strong family tie ups which can convince VO tht ur husband will come back after short visit, on da other hand he opt for open work permit ( long process) which was wrong option jst after refusal , according to me he could hve try for trv 2-3 times, bcoz i hve met some people who got der trv after 3-4 refusals , better tell him 2 apply for trv again instead of open work permit ,

can u tell me in details abt da documents he showed like property bank balance or ITR , wht he showed in his job, thts important, whn u people get married , and after how long he applied for 1st trv

evn m waiting for my passport i applied for trv on 13th feb n still waiting n my wife is a student since sept 2011,

sh19

Jul 8, 2011
Thanks sbhullar and jsinghj88

my wife is in Australia and she is working in a IT company. I thought the chances of her getting a OPW will be easy compared to TRV.

Considering sbhullar case i am worried what will be a better way.

sbhullar it will be great if you can share what documents did u give for TRV and OPW.

SBHULLAR

Feb 23, 2012
My husband is in India he have agricultural land and a private tuition center he showed his tax papers that he paid tax for the tuition center.Rather than that he showed 12 lakhs cash in his bank account and near about 20 lakhs property plots on his name i think the property and cash money on his name is enough. Accept that I showed $5000 in my account here and my family friend He has his own company provided a job offer and bank statement of $20000 to support him.I m doing my co-op job so my job offer for three months and my income that is $2300 per month.Visa officer provide only one reason both time that he is not satisfied he would come back to home country because no travel history,Family ties with Canada and residence country and time period of stay in Canada. m thinking of doing appeal but i don't understand i should do appeal or no because i think these are not genuine reason of refusal.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
well, i think VO got solid point of refusal tht is travel history dn, i think he has 2 show more strong reason 2 show family tie-ups,, u said u got married in 2009 n went 2 canada in 2010 n in which month of 2009 n in which month of 2010 u went, i mean how much time u people stayed together, bcoz if its less dn 6 months evn tht could b a problem, on the other hand, is he da only son of his parents r hez having any other brother n how much returns he had showed, jst tell him 2 apply again for trv by making case more strong

SBHULLAR

Feb 23, 2012
I got married in April 2009 and i came Canada in June 2010 so we have spend one year together.He have two brothers younger than him there. what u think if i will hire a lawyer here and request for review my case it will work or no.thanks for reply.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
unfortunately der is no such option of appeal or review he can apply again for trv, as u said he has 2 younger brothers , VO can evn think tht ur husband will nt come back bcoz he dnt hve family tie ups, bcoz he hve 2 brothers 2 take care of his parents and 2ndly no travel history,
my case is almost similar 2 u people, bt i have travel history , rest m waitng for my results , whn i will receive my results dn i will discuss wid u abt my case till dn wait n watch

sh19

Jul 8, 2011
Good luck jsinghj88, i think i will wait for your result and then apply for her.

For TRV what documents did u give.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
thanks bro, well, i hve submitted my ITR for last 2 years, details of my travel history, my business, bank statement of approx 4.5 lakh, personal property docs and parents property, thts it