+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice.

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by tomatiesingh1234, Jan 11, 2019.

  1. I am applying for my Visitor Visa,as my daughter got accepted to study at Humber College and i will be accompanying her to make sure she is settled.She is over 18 yrs but i was wondering which way is better,applying together or separate?
  2. You need to apply for a TRV/visitor visa.

    It's not advisable to apply before she is issued a study permit nor for the purpose you have mentioned. It might seem like you want to stay with her for the duration of her study program
  3. Ok so i should have her apply for her Study Permit first and then apply for my Visitor's Visa?
  4. Yes. Your actual reason for visiting will be considered very weak, you are better off making your trip a tourism one.
  5. That would be the correct route, IMO.

    You would also need to demonstrate you have no plans on remaining long-term in Canada + strong ties to your home country/country of residence + previous travel to visa-required countries (US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc) would help
  6. You have been very helpful,i must say,thank you very much.I appreciate it.
  7. Based on my personal experiences, my mother had applied for tourist visa and was approved based on the reason of accompanying me and my brother for school. But this was way back in 2013 so a lot has changed over the years so this reasoning can result in refusals.

Share This Page