+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice with my IELTS Results

cyb3rfreak

Jul 5, 2013
Hi,

I'm a newcomer in this forum. I took the IELTS GT IDP exam last June 22, 2013. This was my first take on the exam, and I was nervous and tense during the speaking test. On the L&R test, I was relaxed and confident answering the questions. But on the writing test, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish my concluding paragraph. I am worried about my results and I was expecting the worse to receive a 5-band score on writing.

Yesterday, I looked-up my results in results.ielts.org. The following are my exam results.
L - 7
S - 7
R - 6
W - 6
Overall - 6.5

I'm planning to migrate and apply for FSW program. As stated in the cic.gc.ca, you need to have 7.5 for L and 6.5 for SRW test for FSW program to qualify to migrate to Canada. My question is, can i still be able to apply for FSW program with my above test results? Is there a new policy regarding the applicants who will migrate to Canada?

Any advice/s are greatly appreciated...
Thank you!

thukku

Jul 25, 2013
cyb3rfreak said:
Hi,

I'm a newcomer in this forum. I took the IELTS GT IDP exam last June 22, 2013. This was my first take on the exam, and I was nervous and tense during the speaking test. On the L&R test, I was relaxed and confident answering the questions. But on the writing test, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish my concluding paragraph. I am worried about my results and I was expecting the worse to receive a 5-band score on writing.

Yesterday, I looked-up my results in results.ielts.org. The following are my exam results.
L - 7
S - 7
R - 6
W - 6
Overall - 6.5

Minimum band of 6 in each category is sufficient to apply for FSW for Canada.

I'm planning to migrate and apply for FSW program. As stated in the cic.gc.ca, you need to have 7.5 for L and 6.5 for SRW test for FSW program to qualify to migrate to Canada. My question is, can i still be able to apply for FSW program with my above test results? Is there a new policy regarding the applicants who will migrate to Canada?

Thank you!

thukku

Jul 25, 2013
cyb3rfreak said:
Hi,

L - 7
S - 7
R - 6
W - 6
Overall - 6.5

Thank you!
Minimum band of 6 in each category is sufficient to apply for FSW for Canada.