17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
FWSAPPLICANT said:
How SINP is making people stay for two years?? Lawyer for what, for relocation ? I guess someone has misguided you
Someone told me that SINP track their candidates post landing in Canada and make sure that they stay in their province for 2 years. If they find out that the person is not staying in Saskatchewan then they cancel the nomination. This is what I have heard from people. But if I accept SINP then is it mandatory that I will have to stay and work there for 2 years? Can you please throw some more light on this.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Don't go by "Someone said..."

Find it out by yourself. By the way, according to the Charter of Rights and Freedom, every Canadian including PR has the right to move to take up residency in any province and pursue livelihood in any province.

But again, don't fall for the rumours. Talk to the people yourself who have moved to other province.

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma said:
Hi Guys,

I applied for 2 programs OINP and SINP. SINP in May 2016 and OINP file reached Toronto in March 2016.

Yesterday, I received nomination from SINP whereas for OINP I received AOR on 23rd August 2016. Now I am in a dilemma.

SINP nomination will expire on 16th October 2016 and I am unable to choose between SINP and OINP. My fear is if I let SINP nomination go then no guarantee that I will be nominated by OINP. OINP nomination is expected by November end but can take more time. Might as well receive it by end of this year. Another thing is I have applied for Australia as well and will be filing the visa by 5th October and expect the grant by end of December this year.

My NOC is 2161. Request some advices/suggestions.
province

I think you should go with Saskatchewan because people with aor in march are yet to get Pnp. I think Preference of province hardly matter until you a have friendl or family there to help you.

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
I have a slightly different view.

You are already paying for Australian PR and I guess will also make a landing to activate it.
Till the time all of this is done you may get Ontario PNP and then can apply PR.
Then it may make sense to wait/settle in province of your choice.

Catch:
In-case Ontario PNP runs into some issue you will have to settle in Australia.

So basically a calculated risk ....all the best.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
roy1947 said:
I have a slightly different view.

You are already paying for Australian PR and I guess will also make a landing to activate it.
As of now not applied for visa. Have got invite and will apply by 5th October for Australia and then expected timeline for grant will be January end or February mid. I will surely land in OZ to activate the PR.
Till the time all of this is done you may get Ontario PNP and then can apply PR.
Yes by the time I get a decision on my Australia application I would have communication from Ontario regarding nomination for sure.
Then it may make sense to wait/settle in province of your choice.

Catch:
In-case Ontario PNP runs into some issue you will have to settle in Australia.
Yes agree. But what happens if both OZ and Ontario does not come positive. I will end up with nothing. I may be sounding negative here but just looking at all possibilities.

So basically a calculated risk ....all the best.
I have something in my mind which is kind of bothering me. Lets assume I let SINP go and wait for Ontario. At the time Visa officer is accessing my file for Ontario Nomination will he question himself why did the applicant apply for SINP when he intended to settle in Ontario. And will the visa officer think when he got the SINP nomination why did not he accept it? Will these questions have an impact on my OINP application? Although its very open that one can apply for various provinces but only one nomination can be accepted. Am I thinking too much??

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma, you don't know if you could be of the few that get denied nomination by Ontario, whereas you have a nomination from SINP

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

i doubt that not pursuing the SINP could have adverse effects on your OINP

myangelbei

Sep 15, 2015
Dude, I was in your situation 9 month ago..... Believe or not, I declined SINP!! I can post my "decline nomination" screen shot if you want to see.
I will explain my situation and reasons here: 1. I have lived in Saskatoon for over 6 years and god its boring and fking cold as hellll. Winter starts at the end of October and end next year May ish.... I have seen snow in June. In Winter the average temp plus wind chill is about -30 ish... dont ask me what its feels like, rule is never stay on out side over 20mins.... if a day temp is -20, you just feels like " god its so nice and warm today!" ... you also have to be good at driving on snow, because after the first snow fall, you wont see the pavement until next spring. More importantly, the spring is the most gross time of the year, because the snow melts, water, dirt and sand mixed .... mud is just splashed everywhere......

2. Job - I left Saskatoon because I couldnt find job after I graduate from University of Saskatchewan with Civil engineering degree. Saskatchewan's economy is greatly depends on potash mine and the potash price has dropped 70% since 2014. It was easy to find a good tech job before 2012 but not now....

3. The choose to stay with OINP because I got a good job here. 2. Much nice weather and lots of fun, malls, KTV, golf everything..... mind me that Saskatoon's biggest mall (which is the largest city in Saskatchewan) is a 2 story building........ believe me or not, most of my friends drove 13 hours back and forth to Edmonton or Calgary buy cloth...

4. My situation is different, since I am inland applicant, If I choose sinp that time, I have to quit my job in ontario, move back to Saskatchewan stay there for 6 month until I get my PR card.... I dont want to give my job since it took about 2000 resumes + 10 interviews to get this job.... so I choose to wait for OINP...

But in your case its different, you just have to accept SINP and waiting until you get your PR.... after that you are free...

Reactions: Muzammil_Rizvi