+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice regarding which PR path to take

patpot

Jul 14, 2023
Hi I just want to ask for advice regarding which PR path to take.

I currently live and work in Quebec on a closed work permit. I'm in a common law relationship with a Canadian citizen (Anglophone) and would like to get your opinion on the best pathway to take regarding getting PR.

1. Should I apply through CEC? We definitely do not plan in staying in Quebec and would like to leave asap if I get an opportunity to have an open work permit (my CRS score is around 450)
2. Should I go through spousal sponsorship to get PR and open work permit?

Thank you and hoping to hear your responses.

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
At 450 points, your not going to be very successful in CEC. Unless you have more years of experience. You should research all the details for spousal sponsorship and see if you qualify. Getting a open work permit in your case increases your PR possibilities.

patpot

Jul 14, 2023
At 450 points, your not going to be very successful in CEC. Unless you have more years of experience. You should research all the details for spousal sponsorship and see if you qualify. Getting a open work permit in your case increases your PR possibilities.
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm now starting to fill out paperwork for the spousal sponsorship. I do have another question if you can advise:

With regards to the spousal sponsorship application, even if we dont intend to live in Quebec permanently and will move as soon as I get an open work permit, does our application still has to go through the Quebec process since we currently reside in Quebec?

For example, In one of the forms (IMM 0008) it asks there Where do you intend to live in Canada? Because we're already in Quebec, do I put Quebec there or do I put the Province where we intend to stay after the approval? We don't necessarily know where we will go yet at this time because it will depend on my boyfriend's work as well.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited: