+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice/Opinion Misrepresentation

tempacc1337

Feb 10, 2022
Hication
Hello,

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

Here's my story:

I applied for a study permit back in Feb 2021 for a Post Grad course which was supposed to start in mid May.
I applied under the student direct stream which is supposed to process applications in 30 days usually.

I submitted all documents, GIC, Tuition Fee, Upfront Medical and whatnot.
My Visa wasn't processed in time and so I could not start my course. So by late June I started applying for a refund of my Tuition Fee and GIC.
I received the refund in my bank account on the 2nd/3rd of July.

On 4th of July I sent a webform saying I've withdrawn my Tuition and GIC and to close my application.

Exactly 4 days later I receive a Procedural Fairness Letter which said they checked my GIC and found it withdrawn of funds.
I wrote them a reply saying yes I had withdrawn my GIC and Tuition since my Visa wasn't processed in time and since covid travel bans are in place that I won't be able to travel even if it was processed.
I also told them I had already informed them of the withdrawal using the webform.

As a side note, I bought my GIC directly from CIBC bank's website so there are no concerns about it being genuine or not.

At this point I just assumed that because my Web Form submission was so recent that they may not have seen it yet.
After 28 Days I had received no response to my web form so I sent another one with pretty much the same info.
Later in November I got a message saying my application was refused and that I'm inadmissible for 5 years under 40(1)(a).

From my point of view I did everything right. Even informed them of my withdrawal.
I started wondering if I really submitted the web form so I checked my browser history and sure enough there was an entry for July 4.

The problem here is that there is no confirmation email that is sent after the webform submission or even a response.
Is there a chance that Immigration simply missed my webform submission? Anyone else experienced anything similar?

My record is pretty much spotless. I have also been to Canada as a tourist before and never had any issues with any country.

I'm already halfway through the process of appealing this in Federal court. Posting my experience here to see if anyone else has faced anything similar.

The webform system not sending a confirmation email is a very broken system in my opinion.

I'll keep you guys posted on how the appeal goes. Meanwhile if anyone has a similar experience please share here or via PM.

Thanks,