+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice on the timelines for ICT Visa

dellite

May 10, 2016
First of all, Thank you for all the good job you guys do. Hope to get some clarifications on my visa case. Please assess and let me know the answers for my queries.

Currently in US and my US visa is expiring on 19th August. My company has operations in Canada as well with 1000+ employees. As per my company's immigration team suggestion, I applied for Canada ICT visa (Managerial Role) and open work permit for my Spouse. The application was filed by my company's attorney through online today 10th May, 2016.

1. What is the process from here on? Though my company will let me know when different stage arrives but i would like to know the next steps in advance. Do i and my spouse have to visit the Canadian consulate? or I have to just mail our passports to get the visa stamped? I live in Chicago, so my visa will be processed in Canada consulate in Chicago?

2. How long does it take on overall to get the visa stamped passport on hand? considering that my case was filed today online and my US visa expires on 19th August, 2016. Am I having enough time?

Please let me know and I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.