+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on my job duties matching with NOC 2174

J_Z

Feb 12, 2017
Hi everyone
I just wanna know if my job duties properly match with NOC 2174 or not.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

My duties:

1. Writing, modifying, testing, and debugging new software programs.
2. Writing software operational and maintenance documentation with technical authors.
3. Maintaining the software programs once they are running by monitoring and correcting software defects.
4. Interacting with clients and company management to gather user requirements
5. Identifying technical issues and developing appropriate solutions for system improvements
6. Collaboration on researching different software packages for further development of existing systems.

NOC 2174:

1. Write, modify, integrate and test software code
2. Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
3. Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
4. Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
5. Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
6. Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
7. May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
8. May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Yes it does. Go ahead with 2174 NOC.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
J_Z said:
Hi everyone

My duties:

2. Writing software operational and maintenance documentation with technical authors.
3. Maintaining the software programs once they are running by monitoring and correcting software defects.
5. Identifying technical issues and developing appropriate solutions for system improvements
6. Collaboration on researching different software packages for further development of existing systems.

NOC 2174:

4. Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
This looks good enough, albeit a bit too similar to the official duties list for 2174. Can you add a few additional points that are specific to your job\company?

Reactions: iamxty

J_Z

Feb 12, 2017
ashu1710 said:
This looks good enough, albeit a bit too similar to the official duties list for 2174. Can you add a few additional points that are specific to your job\company?
OK sure I will add a a few more. thanks for the suggestion

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, I also have a reference letter very similar to the one you commented on above. You said that this looks ok, but it is a little too similar. But would it still be ok to submit. In my case it is very difficult to get another letter and would take a lot of time, so wondering if I can submit even though it looks a little similar or should I get another letter? please let me know, I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone

My duties:

NOC 2174:

Looks perfect to me..

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I agree. I am also 2174.

@J_Z
It looks good but you can elaborate more on the nature of your work, include examples or name of the software you have developed, or the industry or sector of the company like banking or healthcare software.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hi, I also have a reference letter very similar to the one you commented on above. You said that this looks ok, but it is a little too similar. But would it still be ok to submit. In my case it is very difficult to get another letter and would take a lot of time, so wondering if I can submit even though it looks a little similar or should I get another letter? please let me know, I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!
It should be fine as long as the letter is on your company's letterhead and signed by HR.

Reactions: alexross

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hello guys,
Can you please comment if the following job duties is a good match for 2173 or 2174?

1. Analyzing and evaluating system requirements
2. Engineered the system architecture in accordance with the set guidelines
3. System software devvelopment in accordance with software requirements and specification
4. Unit testing and debugging the system
5. System source code review and walkthrough reports
6. Participate in development team meetings and ensure timely delivery of assigned tasks following agile and software development methodology.

2173:

Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
  • Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
  • Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
  • Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
  • Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
  • May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
2174:
Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Write, modify, integrate and test software code
  • Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
  • Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
  • Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
  • Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
  • Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
  • May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
  • May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi guys,
I have added the below responsibilities for NOC 2174. Can you guys please review and suggest your opinions. I'm planing to submit my application this week.

Role Description:
Programmer Analyst (From February 26th 2012 to October 24th 2013)
  • Add changes to existing Web pages by developing XML using SDL Tridion tool.
  • Develop new Web Services using Struts framework 2.0 as per Clients Requirements.
  • Build User Interface using HTML5, JavaScript and JSP’s which leverage the Web services developed and present a free flowing Customer experience in the browser.
  • Implement Minor Site Enhancements to the client’s website which includes adding and removal of the fields in UI and changing the static content on the web pages.
  • Unit testing the changes made using JUnit and uploading the test results to HP Quality Center.
  • Actively getting the code reviewed by senior programmers and implementing the code review comments.
Programmer Analyst Trainee (From August 25th 2011 to February 25th 2012)
  • Attended Advanced Java training from Cognizant Academy
  • Cleared training exams conducted by the Academy

robosankar

Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys,
I have added the below responsibilities for NOC 2174. Can you guys please review and suggest your opinions. I'm planing to submit my application this week.

Role Description:
Programmer Analyst (From February 26th 2012 to October 24th 2013)
  • Add changes to existing Web pages by developing XML using SDL Tridion tool.
  • Develop new Web Services using Struts framework 2.0 as per Clients Requirements.
  • Build User Interface using HTML5, JavaScript and JSP’s which leverage the Web services developed and present a free flowing Customer experience in the browser.
  • Implement Minor Site Enhancements to the client’s website which includes adding and removal of the fields in UI and changing the static content on the web pages.
  • Unit testing the changes made using JUnit and uploading the test results to HP Quality Center.
  • Actively getting the code reviewed by senior programmers and implementing the code review comments.
Programmer Analyst Trainee (From August 25th 2011 to February 25th 2012)
  • Attended Advanced Java training from Cognizant Academy
  • Cleared training exams conducted by the Academy
can you please check your job description matches for this noc code also,
2175 - Web designers and developers
Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
HI can you please confirm my NOC code 2174 software Developer roles and responsibilities

• Coordinate with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand client business needs and requirements.
  • Assist in design and development of applications based on business requirements.
  • Upgrade and modify applications as per business needs.
  • Assist in preparing project plan and technical and functional specifications.
  • Perform code reviews and recommend improvements.
  • Identify and troubleshoot coding issues in a timely fashion.
  • Ensure that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to complete project within assigned timelines.
  • Provide support in all phases of SDLC.
  • Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations.
  • Recommend new coding techniques to ensure quality and usability.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Can you please help me verify if these duties are good to go for 2174? MY ROLE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

• Coordinate with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand client business needs
and requirements.
• Assist in design and development of applications based on business requirements.
• Upgrade and modify applications as per business needs.
• Assist in preparing project plan and technical and functional specifications.
• Perform code reviews and recommend improvements.
• Identify and troubleshoot coding issues in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to complete project
within assigned timelines.
• Provide support in all phases of SDLC.
• Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations.
• Recommend new coding techniques to ensure quality and usability.